Names Searched Right Now:
Page 30 of 115 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast
    Ok, I don't want to ruffle anyone's feathers here...BUT, I'm not a huge fan of checking in on the thread to see big rants from those who are not actually currently expecting. Especially when they become unrelated to the topic at hand. I'm particularly uninterested in hearing second-hand birth horror-stories from someone who has never been pregnant or given birth.

What I am interested in, is checking in with the other ladies who are expecting and having a catch up. Discussing the discomforts & wonders of being pregnant. Talking about baby names, how we're planning on decorating baby's room, etc. Sharing resources that could be helpful (eg: www.spinningbabies.com) Maybe discussing breastfeeding/babywearing etc. And yes, discussing labour & birth. Hopefully without a descent into a war regarding the best methods and places for doing so.

I don't want to offend anyone, but it seems a little as if the thread is getting hijacked with a little more frequency just lately.
    Last edited by rin; February 12th, 2013 at 02:06 PM.
    Leo Sebastian l Ronan Alexander

current loves
    Felix l Finn l Moss l Heath l Fern l Veda l Tui l Blythe

Anyone else not doing a nursery? The first two didn't have one and neither will this one. The first several months will be in our room anyway.

How do you define nursery?

Leo had his own room, but was in a bassinet in our room for the first couple of months. We were renting then (still are), so our decorating options are limited to the bedding we get, and things like photographs/artwork for the walls. We can't paint the walls or change the curtains.
    We have an empty room in our current house that has been a catch-all for all sorts of random stuff that hasn't had a proper home. We're in the process of clearing it out and turning it into a spare room/new baby's room. It's at the opposite end of the house from Leo's room to (hopefully) minimise the risk of them waking each other up at night!

Midwife appt tomorrow, so she'll probably give me the forms I need to book the anatomy scan! I'm a little less content with not finding out the gender, but I have a bit of time to think about that some more. I can see myself deciding to wait til the birth, then caving in when I'm actually having the scan! I'll have to wait and see how I feel I think.
    Leo Sebastian l Ronan Alexander

current loves
    Felix l Finn l Moss l Heath l Fern l Veda l Tui l Blythe

Could someone start up a separate thread to debate hospital vs home birth? It's a valid discussion and obviously there are some passionate views...but I agree with Rin, I come on here and want to see everyone's pregnancy updates, not debates.

I am not sure if this is where I post this. And I know I am not on here often, but I had to share!! I am so humbled and thrilled that we are excpecting a precious wee one in October. It is very early, and I just found out a few days ago. Lord willing this will be our 11th child (9th biological, and we have two, precious adopted boys), 4th child in 4 years (these last 4 are very close, the older ones range in age from 19 down with about 2 to 4 years age difference between them). After my last pregnancy, I was pretty sure we were done, as I had some blood pressure issues, and a few other complications. I have worked hard to get into good shape, changed my diet completely, and now I am just over the moon excited!! I am praying for a complication free pregnancy!
    ~ "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."~ Mother Teresa