Names Searched Right Now:
Page 24 of 115 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast
    I saw my new OB today. He was nice and professional and I think I will feel comfortable with him. I'm not so comfortable with one of the restrictions he puts on VBAC patients but he did sound like he would discuss other options with me so I'm hoping that we can talk about that in a couple months. I really don't have any other options for OBs at this point except to travel an hour away which I would do if my last option.

Blade, just wanted to say kudos for offering such thoughtful medically-sound advice on this thread (and lots of others)! There are so many anxieties that come with pregnancy and childrearing, but knowing the information - the good, the bad, and the ugly, really helps to alleviate them.

Best wishes to all the ladies waiting for test results, and hopes for healthy babes one and all.

thanks @punkprincess. @libby, curious, what are the restrictions for TOLAC? Glad you liked your new doctor.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael (3.1.2012)
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor (11.30.2013)

blade - the only one he has discussed so far is only allowing 3 days past the due date before a scheduled c section. He did kind of make it sound like if there was progress(dilation, effacement, contractions, ) that maybe their were other options but he didn't go into detail and I didn't ask right then. I'm I will find out more restrictions as we go along though. I mean, really, how many women have their babies on or even 3 days after the due date? And he offered no reasons as to why he does this. I've been researching it but not finding a whole lot of info. I know using a strong dose of pitocin probably isn't the best idea but I've heard of lots of doctors who will use small doses of pit. before just doing a repeat. My son came 5 days early but I have no guarantee this baby will too. I'm kind of discouraged.

blade- i did read cytotec(is that the correct name?) increases the risk of rupture and shouldn't be used. I'm not even sure what that is. something to do with softening the cervix maybe? Anyhow, using the whole past due thing just seems like a good way for an OB to get out of dealing with a vbav. My previous OB was going to let me go ten days overdue with inducing as I did not want to be induced at all. (of course that was with no previous c section, but if the risks dont increase for a vbac why won't they let me go maybe a week instead of just 3 days? That just seems so unrealistic.)