Names Searched Right Now:
Page 20 of 115 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 ... LastLast
    Has anyone else had really bad nausea/vomiting?

I don't remember it being this bad with any of my other pregnancies. I'm only in the 8th week, too. They actually gave me some anti-nausea medication (Zofran), and at first it seemed to help, but it is just barely keeping me afloat now. I'm always counting down the hours until I can take another one of the pills (every 8 hours).

Is there anything else that truly helps? I am really struggling!

Thanks in advance.
    Mom to James Daniel (10) William Joseph (8), Elise Marie (7), and Zachary Allan (baby)
    http://letterstoauntkay.blogspot.com/

TTC #5
    Serena (Seri), Amy, Diana, Kate, Adele, Georgia, Audrey, Lucy, Linnea, Clara
    Thomas, Henry, Orin, Arthur, Samuel

DH's "approved" list:
    Seri, Amy, Diana, Lucy, Kate/Katie/Katherine, Audrey
    Thomas, Martin ("maybe")

Has anyone had first trimester screen results come back totally normal and then the second trimester part (sorry i dont remember the exact name, another blood test I had at 16 weeks) show elevated risk? My NT scan/bloodwork at 13 weeks came back 1/10,000 for downs syndrome and my 16 week bloodwork came back 1/200. My doctor didnt seem worried because the earlier tests were good but had me come in pronto for the materniT21 blood test...should have the results of that within 2 weeks.

I know 1 in 200 still isnt awful, but I'm a worrier and pretty much a wreck at this point.

I haven't had any testing yet but I just turned 13 weeks and my appt is next week at 14, so I can't really say much. But I'm sure it is ok 1 in 200 is still a large range, my mom had a smaller range with my sister and my sister has no issues =)

I really wasn't sick too much, just felt nauseous in the mornings before 9 and at night after 5:30 or so.
    I'm Alix Louise
    Wife to Skyler James since 4/28/12
    Mommy to Daphne Valora since 8/02/13

When we have another
    Boy : Sebastian, Jasper, Edgar
    Girls: Sonia, Matilda

I don't do any of the optional testing. So happy to be at 17 weeks already! Hopefully find out the gender in the next few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by lineska View Post
    Has anyone had first trimester screen results come back totally normal and then the second trimester part (sorry i dont remember the exact name, another blood test I had at 16 weeks) show elevated risk? My NT scan/bloodwork at 13 weeks came back 1/10,000 for downs syndrome and my 16 week bloodwork came back 1/200. My doctor didnt seem worried because the earlier tests were good but had me come in pronto for the materniT21 blood test...should have the results of that within 2 weeks.

I know 1 in 200 still isnt awful, but I'm a worrier and pretty much a wreck at this point.
    Different compounds are screened for at the different time points. The early test, coupled with the ultrasound, is looking for Down Syndrome alone, whereas the second round of blood tests looks mainly at chromosomal anomalies (principally Down's) and neural tube defects like spina bifida. It's important to keep in mind that all of these test are general associations, but no causal connection has been demonstrated-- it's not like inhibin-A *causes* Down Syndrome. The only accurate test is an amniocentesis, where you look at the chromosomes themselves.

1/200 is 0.5%, which as you said is far from awful. It should get you & your partner thinking, though, while you're waiting for the latest results what you would do or not do if the second round of bloodwork comes in suspicious. Would you want an amniocentesis, to be sure? Would you terminate the pregnancy if the amniocentesis confirms Down's or another problem? Etc.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq