Names Searched Right Now:
Page 18 of 115 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast
    We decided just go gender neutral for everything, it seems easier so we can get a couple things before we find out and I'm not too big into super girly or super boyish. We are doing Lion King it was both of our favorite movie growing and holds happy memories for us =) as much as I would love to go and buy the huge set at babies r us it is wayy to expensive so the current plan is to buy the fitted sheets, we got a simba blanket as a gift and just bought a mesh bumper on super sale today that isn't lion king but jungle. We are painting the room light green and I will probably get white curtains.
    I'm Alix Louise
    Wife to Skyler James since 4/28/12
    Mommy to Daphne Valora since 8/02/13

When we have another
    Boy : Sebastian, Jasper, Edgar
    Girls: Sonia, Matilda

I'm 15 weeks today, and I feel like time is zooming by already! Having a toddler to run around after probably has a lot to do with it!
    We aren't sure about finding out the gender, last time I was going insane not knowing, and was counting down the weeks until the anatomy scan; this time I feel far more relaxed about the whole thing, and am genuinely not at all bothered about finding out the sex at the 20week mark.
    I guess, this will flow through to any decorating decisions we make. I've never been all that keen on everything pink/faries for girls and blue/transport related for boys. I'm hoping to enlist the help of my mum (and her sewing machine!) to sew some cot sheets in funky patterned fabric, and I'll probably keep a look out for a nice neutral wooly thermacell blanket - soft grey appeals to me. We have a large spare room in our house that has been a catch-all for junk and bookcases etc. We're planning on clearing it all out, and making it a guest room/baby room for #2, not that we're expecting to host many guests! Since the space will have to work as a spare room, we don't really want anything too cutesy baby going on in there.
    Still haven't bought anything at all for this baby, but will be going to look at double buggies (joy!*) sometime in the next couple of weeks to scope out what's available and what will suit us, so that we have plenty of time to make a decision since they are quite an investment!

*sarcasm
    Leo Sebastian l Ronan Alexander

current loves
    Felix l Finn l Hugo l Heath l Fern l Veda l Tui l Blythe

Just started browsing bedding a little and have a few I like a lot right now...pretty set on dark blue and white fishes for a boy and either hot pink and bright green leaves or gray and white chevron for a girl. I don't think I would do a big bedding set because I only plan to use the fitted sheet and crib skirt.

17 weeks! I felt like it was dragging sooo slowly, but the past few weeks have started to fly, let's hope that keeps up! Anatomy scan scheduled for the last week of February. Hope time flies for those of you that are getting super close to the second tri!

Oh and alfiejoe, I havent noticed a change in my hair, but my nails are insane, growing super fast and almost too strong to clip normally (thats kind of gross when I type it out, sorry guys!). I need to treat myself to a manicure while I still have invincible nails.

mhmm now that you mention my nails are stronger too, but not growing fast. I'm still waiting to get to the 2nd trimester only 2 more weeks for that!
    I'm Alix Louise
    Wife to Skyler James since 4/28/12
    Mommy to Daphne Valora since 8/02/13

When we have another
    Boy : Sebastian, Jasper, Edgar
    Girls: Sonia, Matilda

@ libbyj06- Love your quilt idea. Denim, white lace and yellow sounds gorgeous (I agree that there is such a thing as too much pink). For the boy's, I'd suggest using a denim also (maybe a dark or navy blue), red, and either black or brown. That would give an adorable lumberjack feel to the quilt. Happy sewing!

@ rin- I hadn't thought about strollers! My son will barely be two by the time this second one is born. Double buggies would be wonderful, but yes, very expensive. Perhaps you could find one on Craigslist or at a garage sale or even a baby thrift store.

I didn't decorate my son's room. I'm not really much of a decorator, but maybe I'll start once we aren't renting and can paint the walls etc...
    Mama of two beautiful boys!

Like arrows in the hand of a warrior,
    So are the children of one’s youth.
    Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them;
    ~Psalm 127:4-5a