Names Searched Right Now:
Page 14 of 115 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast
    Ok here is my new question

Birthing classes/breastfeeding classes I know you need to sign up early but when should you go? I was looking at the schedule my doctor gave me and there are classes a couple weeks before my due date should I go to the last on available before my due date or one earlier than that so that I have more time to go back and ask more questions?
    I'm Alix Louise
    Wife to Skyler James since 4/28/12
    Mommy to Daphne Valora since 8/02/13

When we have another
    Boy : Sebastian, Jasper, Edgar
    Girls: Sonia, Matilda

There are usually 6 or so sessions. Start going about 3 months before you're due.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael (3.1.2012)
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor (11.30.2013)

Quote Originally Posted by libbyj06 View Post
    1-2% is such a small number for the huge scare OBs give people about repeats being better, etc... I'm sure for some women that is the way to go. I have a friend who delivered vaginally and should not have. She was like a straight stick and it messed her up bad. She couldn't walk for months. Well, she eventually healed and had another child, but by c section! Smart choice for her. I just honestly don't believe something like that was my problem. Maybe, if my son had been in the correct position and he still wasn't coming out, be he had two things going against him! Face-up, which are harder to deliver in the first place, and then his head was cocked and stuck on my bone because he wasn't lined up right. ( I think this is due to a couple factors, my lying down so long one and possibly my scoliosis, which i will be seeing a pregnancy chiropractor for this time around, as well as doing spinning babies positions to help get baby down there right!) I think my chances are high. OF course, if a life or death situation, I would not hesitate to have a repeat to get my baby out safely. But I want to give it my best shot and up my chances by being smart and prepared as possible!
    I think the big disconnect between doctors and patients is that the patient sees one patient-- themselves-- and thinks 1-2% is damn good odds. A doctor sees 100 patients a month, so 1 or 2 of them every month, by all porbability, WILL have a rupture and the baby will die (in all likeihood, though if it is diagnosed immediately an emergency c-section can save their life) and the mother WILL need a laparotomy and possible hysterectomy. The patient thinks 'why would it happen to me?' and the doctor, looking at her panel of patients, thinks 'why not you?'.

I think what youre saying makes sense-- the positioning of your baby, both the OP and the hyperextended neck, impacted your ability to deliver vaginally. Of course we all only get one shot at these things so who knows what might have happened had he been OA instead. But it's worth a shot, assuming youre comfortable with the odds of rupture.

Chiropractors will not be able to do anything for scoliosis. They can massage you and relax you but they can't unbend the spine and straighten contracted liaments.
    Blade, MD

These classes are listed at 2 classes of 3 hours each on weeknights, which we can't do since Skyler work the 2nd shift so we would be doing 1 class that was 6 hours 9-3 I think it was. That's the birthing class and the breastfeeding was shorter but only on weeknights so unless I take a friend I'm on my own for that one. So should it still be at 3 months before?
    I'm Alix Louise
    Wife to Skyler James since 4/28/12
    Mommy to Daphne Valora since 8/02/13

When we have another
    Boy : Sebastian, Jasper, Edgar
    Girls: Sonia, Matilda

That's a little short; are there no longer options? Anyway, if that's it, all one shot, I would do it closer to my due date, for the material to be fresh.
    Blade, MD