Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Name suggestions, please!

I'm not pregnant nor do I plan on becoming pregnant for a while, but my boyfriend and I have started talking about names (mostly do to my obsession). But it hasn't been going so well, and it's a good thing we've started early! He tends to go for more modern, trendy names and I prefer classic, frilly, girly, and european names. We live in the US, and he thinks it would be weird if I named my daughter a very foreign name. It's easier for us to decide on a boys name. We both like Caleb Isaac, but I'm open to other suggestions. I'm still really loving Bartholomew. :\

His favorites (girls names):
    Winslet (The only one I like, but I'm not sure it flows with the last name she'd have)
    Cooper (Hate this!)
    Reese
    Adalyn
    Klowi (Yeah, that's supposed to be Chloe)
    Aubree
    Rylie/Ryleigh
    Emberleigh
    Kyla
    Wylie

My favorites (girls names):
    Rowena
    Lieselotte (A german combination name of Charlotte and Liesel/Liesl. I first heard this name when I was living in Germany and I've always loved it.)
    Allegra
    Lilibeth
    Violet/Violette/Violetta
    Ramona
    Camilla/Camille
    Arlette
    Clémence/ClemencyClementine
    Eleanora
    Alice

Help us out! Last name Zellar.

I like some names from both of your lists! First of all, I think Winslet Zellar sounds really nice, and if that's the only name you both agree on, I think it totally works. Also, it looks like some of the names from your list could have nicknames that would be his style: Allie for Allegra or Alice, Ellie, Cami, Ara, etc. Other names you both--or one of you--may like:

Liza
    Eliza
    Alisa
    Nora
    Milena, nickname Mila
    Elspeth, nickname Eppie

I really love Kyla from your boyfriend's list, but I listen to Kyla La Grange a lot...
    From your list I like Violetta, Allegra, Clemency, Alice and Liselotte. I also love Liesel and Lison.

So based on those:
    Winnet (less Kate related)
    Vienna
    Melissa
    Laurel
    Alessi
    Romilly
    Cassia
    Elina
    Morgan
    Selma

oh dear! Never in my life have I seen such different lists. Usually there is SOME common ground. I'm just going to say it... his list is atrocious. Yours is wonderful.

Would he be happy if you could offer him a NN to grow on him? Like Nora, Milla, Lily, Clio (Eleanora, Camilla, Lilibeth, Clementine/Clemency)

The only one I can come up with that might satisfy both your tastes is Adelaide.

Good luck... I think you'll need it.