Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trixie/Bellatrix - love! one of my favorite people names is Beatrix
    Chloe - interesting! I like it
    Windy - super cute!
    Lotus - cute! at first I blended this with the one below it and thought your were considering Cactus (which is actually sorta cute!)
    Maisie - love it, but I prefer a simpler spelling for a dog, like Mazey
    Snow - cute, what about Lumi (snow in Finnish)
    Stella - or Starla
    Andromeda - What about just Ro?
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

I know a girl at my school whose name is Meda (like me-duh). You could use that as a nn for Andromeda.

How about...

Milly
    Elsie
    Waverly
    Maxie
    Polly
    Nanny
    Frenchie
    Blaise
    Louie
    Harry
    Quimby
    Queenie
    Fresia
    May/Mae
    Kay
    Ailsa
    Kacy
    I'm Just a teen berry who has a passion for names.

For the lovely Ladies: Fiona Alienor "Fia", Primrose Eliette "Prim", & Beatrice Ruth "Bea",

For the gallant Gents: Ellis Hadrian "Eli", Theodore Lane "Teddy", & Laurence Frost "Lars"

Hmm. Personally, I'm not a fan of child names for pets, but follow your heart.
    Although I would like to say a few things:
    This might be just me, but Pepsi and Rain/Rainy make me think of a dog that needs to go to the bathroom a lot. Also, Windy and Breeze/Breezy make me picture a dog that has a lot of, well, gas. Sorry! Don't listen to me if you don't want to, I completely understand.
    From your list, I ADORE Coco, Jingle, and Snowy. Snowy would be a great name for a white dog, and Coco and Jingle would be adorable no matter what your dog looks like. Good luck! Hope this helped.

I like the idea of a dog named Josephine that would go by Posy and Poe. I just like all the versions. Dog trainers says it is a good idea to give your dog a longer, more formal name to use to talk about the dog, and then a shorter nickname that is the dog's call name. This is because your dog's name should mean "come!" Or at least "Pay attention!" Yet you talk about your dog all the time. So when you are talking to your husband you would say, "I'm taking Josephine to the vet tomorrow." But at the dog park you would call "Po-sy!" Hope all that rambling made sense.

I like Snow, and my on hesitation is that again, dog trainers say to never name your dog anything that starts with or sounds like "No!" because obviously you want no to mean no. I'm sure it still works out at times, despite what the experts say.

One dog and cat I am sold on is Pansy. I think it is adorable and goes well with puppy or kitten faces. I just like the name but everyone says it is off limits for human children because of teasing potential, but I don't see why it shouldn't be in play for pets.

I'll just throw out suggestions:
    Adelaide "Addy"
    Agatha
    Dixie
    Charlotte
    Fifer
    Sky or Skyler, especially for a blue merle Sheltie
    Cloud
    Henrietta, Etta
    Bronte

Also, consider the personal, which only you can know. I think favorite writers, characters (books or movies), acters, and artists make great sources for a loved name.

Quote Originally Posted by bonnie1107 View Post
    I like the idea of a dog named Josephine that would go by Posy and Poe. I just like all the versions. Dog trainers says it is a good idea to give your dog a longer, more formal name to use to talk about the dog, and then a shorter nickname that is the dog's call name. This is because your dog's name should mean "come!" Or at least "Pay attention!" Yet you talk about your dog all the time. So when you are talking to your husband you would say, "I'm taking Josephine to the vet tomorrow." But at the dog park you would call "Po-sy!" Hope all that rambling made sense.

I like Snow, and my on hesitation is that again, dog trainers say to never name your dog anything that starts with or sounds like "No!" because obviously you want no to mean no. I'm sure it still works out at times, despite what the experts say.

One dog and cat I am sold on is Pansy. I think it is adorable and goes well with puppy or kitten faces. I just like the name but everyone says it is off limits for human children because of teasing potential, but I don't see why it shouldn't be in play for pets.

I'll just throw out suggestions:
    Adelaide "Addy"
    Agatha
    Dixie
    Charlotte
    Fifer
    Sky or Skyler, especially for a blue merle Sheltie
    Cloud
    Henrietta, Etta
    Bronte

Also, consider the personal, which only you can know. I think favorite writers, characters (books or movies), acters, and artists make great sources for a loved name.
    Oh that's interesting! I did not know that. Most of my friends have dogs and they just call them one name (Prancer, Sarah, Bandit, Daisy, Duke, Taco).

I like the suggestion of Charlotte since Lottie would be cute, and I also like Cloud and Sky.
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables