Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is Lolita usable?

So I'm still searching for a certain name fo one of my girl characters. Her twin brother is already named Wesley and I had almost decided on Winifred (nn Wendi) for her...and then I came across the name Lolita. It fits the character perfectly and I adore the nn Lo. But how does it flow with Wesley? And is it usable? I mean, the name kinda has an infamous past, thank to the teenage vixen from the book Lolita. I was nearly sold on Wendi for my character...but now I can't get Lolita out of my head! Help!
    Proud Mommy of Rebecca Jo Lucille and Elijah Raymond

I think it's one of those names that's too strongly associated with the book, sorry. If you like Lo, there's other names that can give it.

Lois
    Logan
    Lowri
    Lorraine
    Lola
    Elodie

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

It's very strongly associated with the book, which is a shame, because it's a beautiful name. I would pick something else if I were you. I like Essjay's suggestion of Elodie or Lola (which kind of has the same feel as Lolita).
    O.A.

Favorite girls names:
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9824310

I have a considerably harder time with boys names.
    Maxwell, Orion, Alistair, Calvin, Caleb

It's pretty much claimed by the book. I wouldn't call Lolita a vixen so much as an exploited child since for almost the entire book she was 12-14. The name will be connected with the novel for a long time.

I'll add Leora as a suggestion. Lots of names with that cute Lo nickname.

It also doesn't help that Lolita is a clothing line in Japan. It's basically a clothing line designed to make doll clothes are adults. I think another name would be better. It also doesn't fit the same style as Wesley.

What about doing Winnie instead of Wendy?
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables