Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

ottilie: I always think of Narnia first with Edmund, but you're right, his character in King Lear is less than desirable I think Treasure Island is a point in favor of Silver, because my word names are usually an automatic veto. I like the association of Algernon but not the meaning, and Eugene has unfortunate family associations. I like Hiro, but not sure it will be a hit with Hubby. I love Remus Lupin's character, and would probably actually go with Lupin over Remus. It's not that we're looking for something specifically Harry Potter as much as it is that I love names with a fantasy and/or literature connection...and when Hubs was presented with Lucius, he vetoed it because of Lucius Malfoy, and said that if we were going to do a Slytherin name it should be Severus instead

saracita00: I ADORE Peregrine, and have for a long time. It really is a perfect match between nature and literature associations. I'm almost afraid to ask Hubby about this one because I don't want him to veto it! Orion is the same way! How would you pronounce Ivo, eye-vo or ee-vo or something else? I'm feeling Isarno, that one's going on my list to bring to Hubby. I also like Ozias / Osias, Zephan, and Ayres (although I'm having pronunciation issues with this one as well). I definitely understand where you're coming from with pairing a more traditional middle name with a fantastical first name. My husband just doesn't seem to like any traditional names as much as he likes Caspian, and I am usually the farthest from traditional in my taste, so it's hard to feel like we would both be "settling" on a traditional middle name choice. I will admit to having liked Caspian Christopher, but our last name starts with a K and when said out loud it's just so much alliteration. However, I AM open to suggestions from all over the map at this point, even though I do have strong preferences in certain directions. So if you think of a more traditional name that just sounds perfect with Caspian, feel free to suggest it
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu