Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    I'm just throwing stuff out there!

Some more Verne-ish names (if I remember correctly):

Caspian Everest
    Caspian Emery
    Caspian Drake
    Caspian Otto
    Caspian Athanase

ottilie: Aronnax appeals to me from the literary and marine biology connotations, but I have a feeling Hubs will not like it. Phileas is an excellent idea, but we have a close friend named Phineas, and it might be a little strange to name our child something so similar. I don't know why I didn't think of Verne!! I looked it up and it's a variation of Vernon, meaning "place of alders" so I could have my nature connection and my literary connection all at once! Definitely bringing that one to Hubby. Love Tybalt! I'm actually really connected to the story of Edmund, but having two Narnian names is probably overkill. Drake has always been a favorite, but I'm not sure how it will work with our last name, which sounds like Keller-Strong. Athanase I could not use because of the Rwandan genocide. Regulus seems a little unwieldy to me, but I hadn't even thought of Sirius! There's the Harry Potter reference of course, but also the astronomical connotation. Another one to take to Hubby ^_^ Thank you!!!

emmabobemma: Malachi is growing on me. Severus is not, lol. I'm still in love with Silver, and Hubby thinks it's a great name, but not for the "real world." Maybe I can keep working on him I hadn't thought of Cyrus...Kip I have always loved as a nickname for Christopher. Zephyr has been on my long list forever, but for a girl! I don't know why, because Zephyrus was a god, but I'm always surprised to hear it on a boy. I may have to rethink this, because Caspian Zephyr is not a bad combo! I'll ask my husband what he thinks. And just so you know, random is good!! ^_^

Thank you both!
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

oh, yeah there's an Edmund in Narnia too. I was referring to King Lear...
    Silver is so cool, do you know if your husband has read Tresure Island?

If you just want HP names in general, I think Remus is a great name and one of the most wonderful characters in the series (along with Sirius and Severus). Some other names that popped into my head was Algernon (from The Importance of Being Earnest), Eugene (Our Mutual Friend) and Hiro (Snow Crash).

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 17th, 2014 at 09:06 PM.
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.

ottilie: I always think of Narnia first with Edmund, but you're right, his character in King Lear is less than desirable I think Treasure Island is a point in favor of Silver, because my word names are usually an automatic veto. I like the association of Algernon but not the meaning, and Eugene has unfortunate family associations. I like Hiro, but not sure it will be a hit with Hubby. I love Remus Lupin's character, and would probably actually go with Lupin over Remus. It's not that we're looking for something specifically Harry Potter as much as it is that I love names with a fantasy and/or literature connection...and when Hubs was presented with Lucius, he vetoed it because of Lucius Malfoy, and said that if we were going to do a Slytherin name it should be Severus instead

saracita00: I ADORE Peregrine, and have for a long time. It really is a perfect match between nature and literature associations. I'm almost afraid to ask Hubby about this one because I don't want him to veto it! Orion is the same way! How would you pronounce Ivo, eye-vo or ee-vo or something else? I'm feeling Isarno, that one's going on my list to bring to Hubby. I also like Ozias / Osias, Zephan, and Ayres (although I'm having pronunciation issues with this one as well). I definitely understand where you're coming from with pairing a more traditional middle name with a fantastical first name. My husband just doesn't seem to like any traditional names as much as he likes Caspian, and I am usually the farthest from traditional in my taste, so it's hard to feel like we would both be "settling" on a traditional middle name choice. I will admit to having liked Caspian Christopher, but our last name starts with a K and when said out loud it's just so much alliteration. However, I AM open to suggestions from all over the map at this point, even though I do have strong preferences in certain directions. So if you think of a more traditional name that just sounds perfect with Caspian, feel free to suggest it
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu