Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Still Struggling with a Middle Name!!

Hi Berries!

Hubs and I are still completely stuck on the question of a middle name for Caspian. It's the first name we both LOVE and I really really really want to find a middle name that we are equally enthralled with!

Names we like for a sibset: Zion Nathaniel and Solomon Fable (although hubs isn't as in love with this one)

His style is hard to define... Definitely more practical than mine. He hates place names and names that are too "heavy" (because of a namesake that would be really hard to live up to) and usually dislikes word names. His current picks are:
    Magnus
    Tobias
    Nicholas (as an oblique reference to Nikolai Tesla)

My style is definitely more experimental, hippie-esque and fantastical. I like literary, mythical, Biblical, romantic names, word names, names with lots of meaning. I shy away from popular names. Ideas I love, but Hubs has vetoed:
    Alaric (he doesn't like the Vampire Diaries association)
    Rome (place name)
    Atlas (too "heavy")
    Magi (also too "heavy")
    Melchior (not practical)
    Morpheus (not practical)
    Noah ("too many boats")
    Shakespeare (I knew better than to suggest this one...)
    Oberon ("King of the Fairies?!? Really, Sessh?")

Le sigh...
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

I think that you could have a really cool, unusual name. I like Caspian Archer, it sounds heroic and strong, but is also not too heavy. Here are some more!:

Caspian Rigby
    Caspian Jasper
    Caspian Atticus
    Caspian Felix ( i think this one sounds a bit lighter)
    Caspian Jax
    Caspian Gray
    Caspian Parker
    Caspian Noah
    You might like some here:
    http://nameberry.com/list/241/Ancient-Names-for-Boys

I'm feeling some variation of Sylvanus. I like its dreamy woodsiness, especially with a Narnian name. At the same time, it's a well-established family of names and probably not too whimsical for your husband to get behind.
    Caspian Sylvain
    Caspian Silvano
    Caspian Sylvanus
    Caspian Silas

Or if you want to push the envelope, Caspian Silver?