Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Vintage/Classic vs Quirky/Unusual

In the past few weeks, my taste in names has transitioned from vintage and classic names {eg. Violet, Alice, Henry} to more unusual names {eg. Zola, Nephele, Amadeus}. I like both but part of the reason I started looking for more uncommon names because the vintage name trend seems to be more popular here in the UK, and most of the vintage names that I like were way too popular for me. Below are lists of names from either style, I just want your thoughts on each list and which list you prefer overall.

My taste is similar. However, I think the names on your Quirky list are a bit too quirky for me.
    Do you like variations of the Vintage names?
    Violet - Violetta for example

I like names from both of your lists.
    From your vintage list I love Alice and Hugo, I really like Willem. I dislike Violet; Violette/Violetta/Viola/Fioled are so much more interesting.

From your quirky list I love Illyria, Tempest, Ulysses and Ivo. I don't like Loki at all, I don't get why anyone would name their child after a cruel and horrible mythological character. Overall I prefer this list.

Have you checked out www.britishbabynames.com? She's got some amazing inspirational lists.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I'm a combo of the two. According to this name quiz, I am Classic Eccentric, which means unusual names that have a history. On my list, I have names that range from Saskia to Lucy, Mavis to Ariadne.

From your vintage list, I like Alice, Matilda and William. From the unusual list, I like Zola, Tempest, Amadeus, Loki and Raphael.
    ~lucy reine~
    ~ celestine eira ~ mary simona ~ elizabeth echo "ellie" ~ eleanor maeve "lena" ~ vivienne isla ~ celia matilda "cici" ~ catherine aiko "rin" ~ elsa verity ~
    ~ jasper red ~ evander lachlan 'evan'~ kai nicholas ~ ezra link ~ avery thomas ~ michael satoshi "mischa" ~ finn jeremias ~ ezekiel hayden ~ alexander rowan "sacha" ~
    guilty pleasures
    ~ tisiphone aria ~ alecto elpis ~ miya lucida ~ addison matteo ~ corinthian tidus ~

I consider myself to be very much on the vintage side when it comes to names. From you list I like: Matilda, Hugo, Ronan, Henry and Willem. From the other list I kind of like Oksana, Thisbe and Tempest. Yeah, I guess I prefer the vintage list then
    A teenager who is name obsessed

Little Ladies:
    Aurora Catherine Pearl
    Juliette Primrose Faye

Handsome Gents:
    Arthur Zachary Flynn
    Romeo Willard North