Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I've been wondering about this a lot lately. It's been a bit of an issue with my mom's side of the family, the subject of announcing pregnancies.

My mother's mother's side is very judgemental, and quick to jump on their daughters/granddaughters/nieces over pregnancy.

It's been very interesting reading about all of the ideas and experiences.
    Laurel - 21 - Toronto

Congratulations to you too lineska! I love your idea of wrapping up a children's book. I agree that Christmas is the perfect time. We are only home twice a year too, and it just worked out that I'll be 11 weeks at Christmas (although I know that that is still a bit early). My mom and my sister (who is only 1 1/2 years older than me) both miscarried their first child. Knowing that, I am super aware that that may happen to me. I am also so very excited and hopeful and feeling blessed that DH and I were able to conceive quickly (only trying for 2 months). I have a very close friend who has struggled to conceive for 2 years. So I want to cherish this miracle that is happening and enjoy each moment! Wishing you all the best! Have you decided on names yet?
    --Megan

Please vote on my namelist!
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9816174

Ellenelle, I love how personal your ideas are. My mom is a big-time gardener and my dad is a fisherman/ hunter, so I cute definitely come up with some gifts around their favorite hobbies. Thanks!
    --Megan

Thanks Marissalou,

I love the family photo idea! That seems like so much fun! And it's a great way to capture the excitement, especially if someone can also be recording it.

I am imagining that my family (mom-dad-maternal grandmother-sister+her husband and children-and brother) will all meet up for a nice dinner the night that DH and I arrive. So I will want to announce it at the dinner. Opening a present/ sonogram picture are both really awesome... I just need to figure out a way to do it so that it isn't "obvious"... because I KNOW that my family will be hoping/ expecting us to make an announcement!!
    --Megan

These are all so cute! My boyfriend and I simply had our parents over for dinner and my boyfriend said "Uhm, so, errr...we're going to... eh, ehm... we're going to have a baby." Not so special, but we were sort of nervous about their reactions, his parents are catholic and we're not married. They were all so excited though! I hope you find a special way to tell them, since it seems important to you.