Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nursesaide View Post
    I know it's a little late, but Evangeline literally means "The Good News" of the Lord! It's a synonym for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I think any parent who doesn't understand the child's name is playing ignorant.
    And James means "supplanter" and Leah means "weary" and Cameron means "crooked nose".

Meanings only go so far.

No way! It's a literary name. Evangelicals might not read enough beyond the Bible to realize it though. (I was raised as one...I speak from experience).

Yes, I would assume the parents were Christian. I know two Evangelines-- one is in her twenties and was homeschooled by her Christian parents, the other is a toddler and the daughter of a Jewish poetry professor who likes Longfellow. I think the latter's mother is Christian though and she is probably being raised Christian/Protestant.

So, it's a mixed bag, but I would assume Evangelical first.

I don't think it's "too Christian" I like it and I think it's cute. Evie and Angie are adorable too.
    leah. name loves change every day.

arabella-amalia-cecelia-delaney-estella-evelyn-harlow-jocelyn-jordan-josephine-lelia-lucinda-mackenzie-mariana-mavis-melanie-natalie-ruby-scarlett-sophie-taylor

bradley-cal-dawson-elliot-grayson-jameson-jordan-jude-liam-mateo-matthew-tristan-zacharias-zachary

Quote Originally Posted by maepae View Post
    And James means "supplanter" and Leah means "weary" and Cameron means "crooked nose".

Meanings only go so far.

Thank you! My name's Leah and I'm super hyper... it also means patient which I am most definitely not.
    leah. name loves change every day.

arabella-amalia-cecelia-delaney-estella-evelyn-harlow-jocelyn-jordan-josephine-lelia-lucinda-mackenzie-mariana-mavis-melanie-natalie-ruby-scarlett-sophie-taylor

bradley-cal-dawson-elliot-grayson-jameson-jordan-jude-liam-mateo-matthew-tristan-zacharias-zachary