Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I can see why someone would make that assumption, but I don't think it feels that way to me.

I think you can thank Evangeline Lilly, that little extra exposure for the name and bump in popularity (along with the Ev- trend) is probably what makes it not feel extremely religious to me despite the obvious word in there.

Sadly, yes. I love the name, but it sounds far too religious for me to ever use it.

As a Christian and someone who loves the name, I would hope that an Evangeline I met was from a Christian family. But, your question about non-name nerds is an interesting one. I guess to them, either they would just think it was an interesting, pretty name and NOT make the connection, or they would hear the name and their mind would automatically jump to "evangelical." It's a tough call. If you like the name that much, I guess you should just use it?

pet peeves: nicknames as given names; unconventional spellings; masculine names on girls
    not-so-guilty pleasures: five-syllable girls' names; virtue and nature names; over-the-top antique names for boys
    (if i repeat name suggestions in a thread, it's because i like them! no apologies here for repeats of great names! )

IF YOU LOVE IT, USE IT!

No, I would guess Cajun before I would think Christian, I think it's a beautiful and very usable name
    Josephine Athénaïs - Josephine Ivy - Myriam Athénaïs - Vivienne Josephine
    Athena Beatrice - Beatrice Cecile - Eléonor Anne-Sophie -Myriam Beatrice - Meredith Elizabeth
    Ambrose Aristide - Ulysses Aristide

Girls: Aenor, Bérangère, Bérénice, Catalina, Honorine, Nadezhda Boys: Augustin, Calixte, Emeric, Hugo, Lambert, Maxandre, Maxence, Yves

~~Formerly know on the boards as The.TX.Belle~~

Not at all, it never crossed my mind till now.
    Laurel - 21 - Toronto