Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    I thought that's what the name's meaning was. Someone who evangelizes (religiously). It was definitely my first thought upon noticing the popularity of the name.
    Newlywed and will be TTC soon.

Currently thinking of:
    Mattias Graham, Cassian James, Asa Nathaniel, Macsen Henry
    Leonora Pearl, Aurelia Sarai, Felicity Susanna, Camellia Mae

Evangeline is a Greek name that means "messenger of good news". In Latin, evangelium means "gospel". It is a religious name for Christians. I don't understand how anyone can NOT see it as a Christian name. Personally, I would assume that Evangeline's parents were Christians.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I think it would be the choice of Christian parents primarily and of others because it is a beautiful name.

I can see why people would make the religious assumption, but I just don't personally see it. Even so, people aren't going to assume an Evangeline is particularly religious, are they? Think of how many non-religious people out there have Biblical names. Do you assume they adhere to Christianity-based spirituality? Probably not.
    ~Favorites of the moment~

Girls: Sonya, Caroline, Sakura, Carmilla, Terra
    Boys: Conrad, Fain, Marcelo, Serge, Isidoro

Vote on my name list!

I would definitely assume that Evangeline was a child with devout Christian parents. If I found out that they were not Christian, I would think it was very odd that they picked that name. Its not quite as bad but I would think it similar to seeing a Christian child named Mohammed.

♥ Clara Dean Lucy Dominic ♡

Feel free to ask me anything about saints names