Names Searched Right Now:

Helena prn Heh-lee-na?

I'm watching a show with my brother, and they have a lady on it named Helena, but it's pronounced Heh-lee-na.

What do you think of that pronunciation?
    Also, it made me realise, yet again, how pretty Helena (prn heh-lay-na), Elena (prn eh-lay-na) and Selena are.
    Laurel - 2O - Aries - Slytherin - University of Toronto

-------
    Newest thoughts for little ones: Angelo - Caspian - Eden | Isabela - Brisa - Gisele

I used to love it with that pronunciation. I used to talk to a woman from another forum who had a daughter named Helena (with that pronunciation), and until then I hated the name. I started to appreciate it because of her, and after I joined Nameberry I grew to like the Helen-ah pronunciation better, but I still like heh-LEE-nah. I think heh-LAY-nah and HEH-len-ah are easier to enforce, though.
    Lise
    twenty-something name lover dreaming of adoption.

Isabelle | Arianne | Olivia | Violet | Catherine | Emmeline | Lillian | Charlotte | Eleni | Anne-Sophie | Tess | Eva | Winter | Hazel
    Caleb | Everett | Jack | Avery | Zane | Samuel | Grant | Declan | Brody | Bailey | Addison | Leo | Grayson

"Ma patrie, c’est la langue française." - Albert Camus

I know a girl named Heleena who loves her name (pronounced Heh-lee-nuh). I prefer Heh-lay-nuh as the pn though. However, I can't get past the first syllable of hell. I prefer Selena and Elena.
    ~lucy reine~
    ~ celestine eira ~ mary simona ~ elizabeth echo "ellie" ~ eleanor heaven "lena" ~ vivienne ailsa ~ felicity emma "fay" ~ catherine aiko "rin" ~ elsa verity ~
    ~ jasper red ~ evander lachlan 'evan'~ kai nicholas ~ ezra link ~ avery thomas ~ michael satoshi "mischa" ~ finn jeremias ~ ezekiel hayden ~ alexander rowan "sacha" ~
    guilty pleasures
    ~ tisiphone aria ~ alecto elpis ~ miya lucida ~ addison matteo ~ corinthian tidus ~

I don't really care for that pronouciation. I love either (Heh-lay-na) or (Hel-len-a)
    Once Upon A Dream . . .

From this slumber
    She shall wake
    When true love's kiss
    The spell shall break

I like both the lee and the lay pronunciations and I think I would probably use the lee one as it is easier to say. I dislike Helen uh.

rollo