Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Do I have to let it go?

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this, but here I go anyway. I've been loving the name Circe since last fall. All the while believing it was pronounced sur-see as it is shown on the nameberry page. Well as it turns out, Circe is actually pronounced Keer-Kah. I really dislike that pronunciation, which turns out is the only proper one. Do I keep Circe on my list and pronounce it incorrectly because I love it? Or do I just scrap it all together? The Kirka pronunciation is off the table.

I'm confused, I'm convinced Sur-see is the correct pronunciation too. And that's definitely how the character on Game of Thrones pronounces this name.

I'd say keep it and say it Sur-see. Unless you know a lot of people who would tell you this is wrong.....

I'm sure as well that Circe is prn sur-see. Where did you hear otherwise?

http://www.behindthename.com/name/circe
    Mum to Mousie, Foo, Bumptious and Pudding.

Quote Originally Posted by bluejuniper View Post
    I'm confused, I'm convinced Sur-see is the correct pronunciation too. And that's definitely how the character on Game of Thrones pronounces this name.

I'd say keep it and say it Sur-see. Unless you know a lot of people who would tell you this is wrong.....
    The character from game of thrones is spelled Cersei, so that would be sur-see whereas Circe is supposedly Kir-ka? I'm also confused, and saddened by this realization.

Quote Originally Posted by malk View Post
    I'm sure as well that Circe is prn sur-see. Where did you hear otherwise?

http://www.behindthename.com/name/circe
    Several berries have brought it up recently and I did some googling of the name Circe. All evidence found was in support of their claims.