16 19.75%
  • Tenasi Laycee

1 1.23%
  • MaKlain Lacie

1 1.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Curiosity poll

PP is right with Tenasi. I Live in TN and have Cherokee roots. Tenasi/Tanasi is the Cherokee village that Tennessee got its name from so I thought it was kind of cool to use the Cherokee spelling in honor of my heritage? But I can see how I might get that negative reaction.
    As for MaKlain, I just don't like the other spellings bc I feel they look and would be pronounced in a way other than the way I want it to be said. A woman at church gave her little girl this as a middle name and I liked the spelling so I thought I'd try it out
    For now if I had 2 of each- Girls: Sunday and Willa Boys: Knox and Ford or Penn
    Girls: Vivi Charles, Lila Charles, Sunday Kate, Willa Lace, Landry Kate, Monroe Laycee, Ezra Kate, Lucy madden, Lila snow, Charlize Layce, Hazel Anne, Indy, Wynter
    Boys: Knox Maverick, Knox Ryder, Archer Allen, Archer Atlas, Shepard Knox, Monroe Hendrix, Madden McLane, Finn Allen, Crewe Archer, Quade Allen, Dash Allen, Thayer,Tennyson, Vance, Ford Allen, Penn, Wilder, Rook, Hoyt, Holt, Hart, Bishop

Oh also the reason for the alternative spelling of Lacey: my twins name is Lacey but my sister in law is Lacy and I didn't want to fight that battle
    For now if I had 2 of each- Girls: Sunday and Willa Boys: Knox and Ford or Penn
    Girls: Vivi Charles, Lila Charles, Sunday Kate, Willa Lace, Landry Kate, Monroe Laycee, Ezra Kate, Lucy madden, Lila snow, Charlize Layce, Hazel Anne, Indy, Wynter
    Boys: Knox Maverick, Knox Ryder, Archer Allen, Archer Atlas, Shepard Knox, Monroe Hendrix, Madden McLane, Finn Allen, Crewe Archer, Quade Allen, Dash Allen, Thayer,Tennyson, Vance, Ford Allen, Penn, Wilder, Rook, Hoyt, Holt, Hart, Bishop

What an odd mix. I LOVE Carolina. And they others are widly nms.
    Loving: Lilith Delphine, Daphne Elisabeth, Eleanor Lilac and my GP Amaryllis Clio
    William Dougal, Rupert Theodore and my GP Augustin Sage

Celestia, Opal, Agatha, Mabel, Delphine, Lilith, Magnolia, Eleanor, Olympia, Harriet, Daphne, Nora, Tabitha, Lilac, Saffron, Wilhelmina, Clio, Amaryllis
    Vaughn, Sterling, Samson, Sage, Rupert, Hugo, August, Stellan, Dougal, Sydney, Theodore, William

Well I voted for Carolina because I think it's the most classic, and the spelling isn't a head-scratcher. Quite a lovely name. I'm not wild about Jace. I think I prefer Carolina Lace.
    I must say though that I think Tennessee is beautiful on a girl, and I'm intrigued by the Cherokee spelling Tenasi. I might have voted for Tenasi if the middle name weren't Laycee. I'm not a fan of Lacie/Lacey to begin with, and especially not with such a dignified name as Tenasi. (No offense to your sister btw, just that Lacey means lace, right? Sort of similar to a name like Poppy or Rose - feminine and pretty, but not the strongest, imo.) With Tenasi, I might do another Native American name in the middle place:

Tenasi Galilahi (Cherokee for "beautiful" and the "lahi" part isn't far from Lacey)
    Tenasi Tallulah (Choctaw for "leaping water")
    Tenasi Aylen (means "happiness" or "clear" in Mupachi. Aylen, alternately spelled Ayelen, makes me think of eyelet lace.)
    Tenasi Maiara (means "wise" in Tupi)
    Tenasi Naira (means "big eyes" in Quechua and Aymara)
    Tenasi Zyanya (Pronounced "zee-ahn-yah" means "forever, always" in Zapotec)
    Last edited by emmabobemma; November 6th, 2012 at 08:53 PM.

I could go for Tenasi now that I know that's what you meant.
    Josephine Athénaïs - Josephine Ivy - Myriam Athénaïs - Vivienne Josephine
    Athena Beatrice - Beatrice Cecile - Eléonor Anne-Sophie -Myriam Beatrice - Meredith Elizabeth
    Ambrose Aristide - Ulysses Aristide

Girls: Aenor, Bérangère, Bérénice, Catalina, Honorine, Nadezhda Boys: Augustin, Calixte, Emeric, Hugo, Lambert, Maxandre, Maxence, Yves

~~Formerly know on the boards as The.TX.Belle~~