• Tenasi Laycee

1 1.23%
  • MaKlain Lacie

1 1.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Curiosity poll

Curiosity poll

I already have my number 1 girls name picked but if she were to ever have a sister which of these would you pick?

Things to note: I am from TN and my sisters name is Lacey
    For now if I had 2 of each- Girls: Sunday and Willa Boys: Knox and Ford or Penn
    Girls: Vivi Charles, Lila Charles, Sunday Kate, Willa Lace, Landry Kate, Monroe Laycee, Ezra Kate, Lucy madden, Lila snow, Charlize Layce, Hazel Anne, Indy, Wynter
    Boys: Knox Maverick, Knox Ryder, Archer Allen, Archer Atlas, Shepard Knox, Monroe Hendrix, Madden McLane, Finn Allen, Crewe Archer, Quade Allen, Dash Allen, Thayer,Tennyson, Vance, Ford Allen, Penn, Wilder, Rook, Hoyt, Holt, Hart, Bishop

Carolina, by a landslide. It's sweet, sassy, formal and unpretentious. It's uncommon but still sophisticated enough for a grown woman. And instead of Jace, why not use the somewhat whimsical Lace, in honor of your sister. Carolina Lace is sweet.

I don't like this attempt to 'feminize' Tennessee and MacLean. One's a place and one's a surname and as such they could be used for a boy or a girl equally. If you like the strong sounds and the unisex nature, then by all means, use the real words. If you feel a secret need to feminize-- perhaps use a standard girl's name. Your little girl can handle the real name.

Lacey is your sister's name, and I would use that spelling. Poor Laycee or Laycie would be doomed to spelling her name out for everyone for the rest of her life.

Lacey MacLean has a great sound and flow-- no need to alter it!

Frankly, I know you've obviously put some thought and effort into it, but Tenasi looks illiterate, like you seriously can't spell the state's name. I pronounced it "ten-ass-y" in my head till I realized what you were getting at.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq

Misspelling names doesn't make them unique, it just makes them misspelled. I went with Carolina Jace because everything else was misspelled. I love the suggestion Carolina Lace.

@Blade and jersey_gray: Tenasi (also spelled Tanasi and iirc there are other spellings as well) is an Indian Village in TN, I believe this is where the word Tennessee comes from. I assume that's what the OP means and not a feminization or misspelling of TN though I could be wrong.
    Last edited by agent99; November 6th, 2012 at 04:11 AM.
    Josephine Athénaïs - Josephine Ivy - Myriam Athénaïs - Vivienne Josephine
    Athena Beatrice - Beatrice Cecile - Eléonor Anne-Sophie -Myriam Beatrice - Meredith Elizabeth
    Ambrose Aristide - Ulysses Aristide

Girls: Aenor, Bérangère, Bérénice, Catalina, Honorine, Nadezhda Boys: Augustin, Calixte, Emeric, Hugo, Lambert, Maxandre, Maxence, Yves

~~Formerly know on the boards as The.TX.Belle~~

I voted for Carolina based on the first names only. I don't care for the spelling of Lacey in any of the combos. Changing Jace to Lace is a great suggestion and would be very cute! =]