Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question Elsa as a nn for Isabel?

What do you think could Elsa be a nickname for Isabel?

It was simply just a thought that crossed my mind with all the Isabel and Elsa threads popping up on Nameberry
    Last edited by sodallas3; March 18th, 2014 at 11:53 AM.

'Jess' Jessica Emily Faith
    Living down under...
    Australian/German/South African/Scottish/English/Irish/Romani
    Elsa: Mystical, magical, completely unique, baffling and all her own

Ronan: Spicy, little boys wearing plaid shirts, running around in kneeless jeans, playing in the mud and being mischievous.
    Other considerations
    Mary Belle - Conrad - Elaina/Elena? - Jonas

Definitely not.

Elsa is it's own standalone name, Isabel is also a standalone choice. I'm really against the thought of using a perfectly acceptable standalone name (ie; a flower name, or a variant of a name/Elspeth as a nn for Elizabeth), not to mention, all they share is a meaning, so to anyone who doesn't know the meanings - it would look a bit ridiculous. It's a bit like taking the name Jemima and shortening it to Emma.
    "While some of the brightest of our celestial bodies are actually extinct now, their energy long since cooled; miraculously, because they float in the heavens so far away from us now, their beautiful light will continue to shine on us forever, and the glow will be so bright, it'll warm your heart, it'll make your eyes glisten, and it'll make you think to yourselves; what a concept"

Quote Originally Posted by lawsonhaley View Post
    Definitely not.

Elsa is it's own standalone name, Isabel is also a standalone choice. I'm really against the thought of using a perfectly acceptable standalone name (ie; a flower name, or a variant of a name/Elspeth as a nn for Elizabeth), not to mention, all they share is a meaning, so to anyone who doesn't know the meanings - it would look a bit ridiculous. It's a bit like taking the name Jemima and shortening it to Emma.
    While I appreciate your stance, your tone was a tad off, it was merely a question. Primarily, because I'd noticed both being brought up quite frequently on Nameberry, I never said or implied I'd use it either. Especially since I have a close cousin named Isabella. However, they do share virtually the same letters, so while it may not appear ideal or even a stretch, I doubt it truly deems "Ridiculous."
    Last edited by sodallas3; March 18th, 2014 at 11:58 AM.

'Jess' Jessica Emily Faith
    Living down under...
    Australian/German/South African/Scottish/English/Irish/Romani
    Elsa: Mystical, magical, completely unique, baffling and all her own

Ronan: Spicy, little boys wearing plaid shirts, running around in kneeless jeans, playing in the mud and being mischievous.
    Other considerations
    Mary Belle - Conrad - Elaina/Elena? - Jonas

Quote Originally Posted by sodallas3 View Post
    While I appreciate your stance, your tone was a tad off, it was merely a question. Primarily, because I'd noticed both being brought up quite frequently on Nameberry, I never said or implied I'd use it either. Especially since I have a close cousin named Isabella. However, they do share virtually the same letters, so while it may not appear ideal, I doubt it truly deems "Ridiculous."
    You asked for opinions, so forgive me for giving mine. My tone was not off, its an opinion. Something you asked for. Its too much like a word scramble for me to make sense, there fore IN MY OPINION it seems ridiculous.
    "While some of the brightest of our celestial bodies are actually extinct now, their energy long since cooled; miraculously, because they float in the heavens so far away from us now, their beautiful light will continue to shine on us forever, and the glow will be so bright, it'll warm your heart, it'll make your eyes glisten, and it'll make you think to yourselves; what a concept"

I think Elsa for Isabel is a stretch. The letters for Elsa are in Isabel but I think it's the fact that they're out of order that makes it not work for me.