Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Ariel and Aris are pretty. I love Ariana but if it's too popular in your area... I love the suggestion of Ariadne but only if you pronounce it properly as air-ee-add-nee

How about:

Arianwen
    Aricia
    Arielle -- ahr-ee-el
    Ariella
    Arietta
    Arifa
    Arilda
    Ariza

You can also get the nickname Ari from these:

Akari
    Amari
    Asavari
    Ballari
    Jamari
    Lari
    Shari
    Sunari

Or any name starting with AR:

Arabella
    Araminta
    Ardea
    Ardita
    Ardith
    Arella
    Aretha
    Arlene
    Armina
    Arnia
    Artemis
    Arwen
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I was coming to suggest Arianell, but tk. beat me to it. It is a very lovely choice that offers all of the following nicknames: Ari, Aria, Nell, Nellie, and possibly Annie.

Good luck!
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosalind/Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Annunziata, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell

I was going to suggest Arietta or Arianne, my two favorite "ari" names. I also love Aria and my sisters name is Arielle (pronounced Are-ee-elle) and we call her Arie. She has always gotten lots of compliments on her name. Good luck!
    Mom to Cuyler Reese Holcomb and anxiously awaiting Avery Daniel Alexander in August 2013!

Girls: Claire Elisabeth Louisa, Sophia Adelaide Kate, Elise Madeleine Joy, Zoe Anneliese Jayne, Juliet Amelia Rose

Boys: Asher Morgan James, Morgan Everett Nathaniel, Weston Jude Elias, Gabriel

I like Arielle or Ariella more than Ariel for a girl. I think of Ariel as a boy's name.

(I also think Ariella and Arielle are less common than Ariel in the States but I'm not sure)

Araminta and Artemesia might be too frilly for you but I'm fond of them.

Doesn't quite count but I also really like Aurora.

Love the name Aris! Sounds very fresh and sort of similar to the beautiful Iris. Aris gets my vote! Otherwise I like Ariadne, lots of history with that name which is always interesting.