Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Bruno - I've never met a Bruno, but I'd like to so I could form some type of opinion about the bearers of this name.

Dexter - I like Dexter. I think it sounds clever and distinguished.

Asher Roosevelt - Asher does seem to be getting pretty popular now. I like it, but actually prefer Archer.

Darwin - I like Darwin a lot. I'm religious, but I love the sound of the name and I have a lot of respect for Charles.

Quinton Waldo- Quinton is alright. I don't really love it, because it also reminds me of Orel Hershiser's son who goes by it because he's the 5th of the Orel name.

Griffin - To be honest, it reminds me of Family Guy.

Tennyson Radley - I love Tennyson, but I think of it primarily as a female name.

Suggestions: Laszlo, Cato, Archer, Theodore (Theo), Balthazar, Orion, Corbin, Breccan, Everett, Harvey
    Last edited by peppersprout; November 4th, 2012 at 09:33 PM.

I just love Bruno. Go with it. You'll love it, and others will too. It's Strong and sophisticated, and simple. Urban types like it more than suburban. I personally know a baby Bruno, who is anglo, brown hair, and blue eyes. And it's such a cool name, and other's like it too. The other names listed are your typical nameberrish names that are a little too dorky to me. Although, don't be discouraged that some dogs and bears are named Bruno.

peppersprout~ It's so nice to hear that you have a lot of respect for Charles Darwin, even though you are religious. I'm not the only one! Sadly, my in-laws would be quite offended.

I love Everett! And I also prefer Archer, unfortunately my sister has a little baby Arthur, and they are just too similar. I like Harvey, too, but my sister-in-law who is pregnant loves that name (it's a family name) but her husband won't let her use it. I would feel bad using it.

enguerrand~ Thanks for the Bruno love! I really do love it! But my husband just keeps saying no. He won't budge

Still in the running~
    Everett
    Asher
    Quinton
    Samson
    Desmond
    Declan
    August
    Gideon
    Maxwell
    Calvin

Ok...so the list got longer :-/

& possible middles... Darwin, Edison, Tennyson, Radley, Waldo, Franklin, Roosevelt, Atticus... (we have a thing for modern hero names)
    ~Mother to Felix & Gus <3

From your updated list above...

Everett - I really like this name. I like it more and more every time I see it.
    Asher - I used to love this name but I see it everywhere so it's not a favorite anymore.
    Quinton - I like it but would only use it for the fifth person in the family, or fifth son, or fifth child. The 'quint' part bothers me otherwise.
    Samson - I really like this (or Sampson). Very cool name.
    Desmond - I'm neutral on this name. I can't think of any pros or cons about it.
    Declan - This name seems to be popping up EVERYWHERE! It could be the next Aidan.
    August - One of my personal favorites. LOVE it.
    Gideon - I want to like this name. It just seems like such a big name, even for an adult. If it had some good nicknames, it might be better but I can't think of any. Gid, Deon, Giddy? - not my favs.
    Maxwell - A very handsome name. I would love to see this whole name be used instead of shorted to Max.
    Calvin - Nice name. I'm beginning to like it more.

I like all of your MNs but my vote goes to Darwin. I really like August Darwin or Maxwell Darwin.
    Last edited by christabel; November 5th, 2012 at 09:36 AM.
    Family Names: Clara, Elaine, Elenia, Mable; Gable, Glenn, Harley, Victor, Waldo
    My Favorites: Carolina, Eleanor, Josephine; August, Jasper, Oliver
    GPs: Amaryllis, Avelaine, Elenna ;Alexei, Bertram, Eugene

What do you guys think of the name Atticus Darwin? The only thing about Atticus, is the nickname debacle. I would want him to go by his full name, and not "Atti" with seems feminine to me.
    ~Mother to Felix & Gus <3