Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Boys names with swagger?

What names do you think have enough confidence and swagger to offset a nerdy last name? This is one of my name dilemmas - my last name is not pretty and it makes a lot of otherwise very nice names unusable.

Not sure I'd actually use these, but these make my list of first names that add a touch of style to a goofy last name:

Vander
    Fox
    Blaise
    Vesper (I love this but don't think it would be accepted as a boy name)
    Nico

What names would you add to the list?

Laurel - 21 - Toronto

LOVE Nico BTW!

Agree with all of PP's suggestions

And these:

Jude
    Luc
    Bryce
    Levi
    Franco
    Ross
    Rocco
    Eva ♡
    teenberry, dancer, book lover, tv obsesser, and musical theatre geek

Georgia | Rose | Penelope | Eleanor | Eliza | Jane | Maya | Juliette | Claire
    Jack | Theodore | Tobias | August | Caspar | Felix | Finn

Could you give us a clue as to your last name? What makes it so bad? And if it's really bad news, are you sure you want to pass it on?

I do have friends who changed their surnames-- one family went from Finkelstein to Freeman (still vaguely Jewish but loads cooler); another from Picklesheimer to just Heimer.

One thing to think about is that a bad-news surname acts as a magnet, drawing the attention of all (bullies or not). It might be easier to pick a first name that's less of a style statement-- like James Picklesheimer or Miles Finkelstein. It's a lot easier for a kid to wear than Wolf Picklesheimer or Eero Finkelstein.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Theodora / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Tariq