Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I love the name Isla! I think that if you really love it you should use it, no matter how popular it might be one day.
    Personally I'm not a huge fan of Cosette or Colombe, but they are nice enough and work well with Isla. I say if there are two so-called rare names that you enjoy, then use them! It's about what you love, not what anyone else might think.

A couple other names I like that have a similar feel to Isla:
    Mila (love this one!)
    Luna (favorite!)
    Thea
    Lilah
    Ayla
    Elena
    Irie (pr. eye-ree)
    Ari
    Aria/Arya
    Aurora
    Aura

Good luck with your decision! Hope all goes well for you!
    Luna

What about the lovely irish Eilish? Or Aylish? I think both are gorgeous!

Wilma? I have known a couple of Wilma's (one a much predicted older doddery woman and the other young and dynamic nurse!) and the name is quite beautiful I think. To me it has more substance than Willa and even though my immediate thought was 'old lady' i have now started to assosiate it with a warm pleasant person! Isla is sweet though and I love both the combinations you put forward, i think it will be hard to find a name you like just as much!
    Expecting a baby GIRL!!! 19/3/2013

I agree with Willa.

more suggestions (if there are any repeats, i'm sorry!!!):

Iona/Ione
    Aileen/Eileen
    Moira
    Ailis
    Fiona
    Dara
    Blaire
    Deirdre
    Ivy
    Iris
    Shea
    Lila
    Fallon
    Greer
    Eva ♡
    Georgia | Rose | Kate | Eleanor | Eliza | Jane | Maya
    Jack | Theodore | Tobias | August | Caspar | Felix | Finn

Isla is already really really popular here (Australia) but it's a nice name. The silent s will get destroyed sometimes though.

Ivy - Already mentioned, probably not unpopular enough for you, but pretty and straight-forward as far as spelling.

Izarra - Basque word meaning "star" and a guilty pleasure of mine.

Ismay

Isolde, Iseult, Izolda - All variations of the Isolde of Celtic/Arthurian legend. Pronunciations are the issue here, because its been used across many languages.

Zelda, Zella - Known, but uncommon, phonetic but rare. Takes the common (but pretty) "ella" sound in a different direction.

Iola - Nameberry says its terribly outdated, but I think it's sound and meaning are both pretty. It is not likely to follow Isla up the charts, which may be some comfort.

Yael - Little-used Biblical gem with a similar vowel-y feel as Isla.

Ayelet - pronounced eye-YELL-it. A-names are very, very popular for girls and many are climbing, so when trying to avoid trends I mostly avoid them, (though I like some when I put popularity concerns aside) but Ayelet is probably NOT going popular places. But it's pretty, with nice meanings, and not too hard to say.