Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Syllable count rule?

Is there a general rule for which syllable count is best? The 3-1-2 combo is what I am considering but I was wondering if there is a rule about this.

As far as I'm concerned there's no rule that you have to follow. There's a pattern that's more pleasing to some (I think the 3-1-2 that you mentioned) but I don't think that it's a rule.
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

Personally, I like 2-3-1 names best, but there are definitely no rules! I think the stress of the syllables is far more important than syllable count.

Edmund | Laszlo | Ozias | Patrick | Rupert | Victor

Augustina | Beatrix | Eliza | Esmeralda | Tallulah | Trudy

Personally for me it really depends on each individual name when combined with each other. Call out the combos (surname included) out-loud several times, have others do the same.
    Piers Lachlan - Tadhg Emerson - Gray Everett - Bennett Wilder - Addison Birch
    Crispin ? - Roan August - Espen Rigby - Crew Rafferty - ??
    Lilia Rose - Waverly Pearl - Isabel Hettie "Isby" - Coralie Winter - Sofie Wren
    Emmeline ? "Milly" - Everly Marit - Story Anneliese - ? ? - ? ?

my son

Quote Originally Posted by aj_bear View Post
    As far as I'm concerned there's no rule that you have to follow. There's a pattern that's more pleasing to some (I think the 3-1-2 that you mentioned) but I don't think that it's a rule.
    What should I do if I have three-syllable last name?
    Sorry for mistakes, I am foreigner.
    If you like unusual and remarkable names, use them!
    Freya Romilly/ Melody Elysia/ Belle Seraphina/ Eva Melisande/ Elodie Sunniva
    Leon Percival/ Tristan Wulfric/ Magnus Oberon/ Finn Beowulf/ Arthur Peregrine