Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I don't like the name Britain at all, but I actually think Britannia is really cool!
    I think it would only work if you don't actually live here though!
    With Britannia you could have the nicknames Britt and Annia (pronounced 'an-ya') which I think are both lovely!

I'd have to agree with everyone else - Britain's a little too out there. As a previous poster suggested something along the lines of Brigitte would be a great full name from which to get Britt. You've also got other options like Bridie and Birdie. Meanwhile for a boy there's Breton, which refers to anything from Brittany (Bretagne), but that might be a stretch.

There's also:
    Brandt
    Bristol
    Brighton
    Briant
    Britanija
    Bronte
    Beretta (god forbid)

Overall, none of the options seem too appealing (Brighton and Britanija are okay though, and Bardot made Brigitte a beautiful name) so your best bet is to go with the simple Britte or Britt, which are great names in their own right. It's a pity you don't like Britta because it's got a lovely frosty Scandinavian bite to it, and good associations in the form of Community and Astrid Lindgren (save for the water filters) but to each his own I guess haha

Otherwise you could always use Britain as a second or third name, and based on that bestow the nm Britt.

I have a distant relative named Britton. He goes by Britt. I'm afraid that I also am not a huge fan of place names on people....
    Obsessing over names since 1964

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    Stop. Back away from the name of my country. Sorry, I think this is a ridiculous idea. I even cringe when I hear the actress America Ferrera's name :/ I can just about cope with London (even though I still think that's pushing it) but as the above person says, using country names is too much.

Brittany, Birgitta, Brigita or Britta (Scandinavian) would be better options
    I completely agree with you on this.
    On middle names: There's no point to them.
    On picking kid's names for nicknames: Just name the kid the nickname in the first place if you're that set on ever using it.
    Someone with a difficult name thought on giving out "unique" names: Please stop and think how your kid's life will be growing up with a really difficult/awkward moniker.

http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/59277

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    Stop. Back away from the name of my country. Sorry, I think this is a ridiculous idea. I even cringe when I hear the actress America Ferrera's name :/ I can just about cope with London (even though I still think that's pushing it) but as the above person says, using country names is too much.

Brittany, Birgitta, Brigita or Britta (Scandinavian) would be better options
    I agree with all of this, except I do love India for a girl, lol!