Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Footloose Names

Cool Footloose Names

We were recently watching Footloose and I thought, "Wow. What an interesting bunch of names in here." Some that caught my attention:

Ren McCormack - I think both would actually work as a modern-day name for a boy. I love Ren for a boy, but I think Wren is often pigeonholed for only girls.

Willard Hewitt - Again, I can see both of these working as a first name for a boy. Although, I MUCH prefer Truett over Hewitt. I think Willard is a great way to get to the always cool and handsome Will.

Ariel - I just like this for a girl. Maybe it's because I grew up with Little Mermaid and it was one of my favorite movies.

Shaw - Ariel's dad's name. I like this name; it's really growing on me. It's easy to pronounce, unique, and soft yet cool.

Rusty - This intrigues me because it's on a GIRL. It seems like such a masculine name to me, but I have to admit that I'm a fan of more generally masculine names on girls (Blake, Blair, Avery, Colby, Cody, Rian, etc.)

Coach Dunbar - I've only heard of one guy named Dunbar and I initially thought it was really out there. However, it's growing on me.
    GENTLEMEN: Thatcher Kael (TK), Sutton Rhys, Crewe Tobiah (CT), Truett North (True), Cael Levi, Noble Sage, Atlas Grae

GALS: Piper Capri, Ellie Brave, Ottilie, Olive, Tennyson, Remi, Nellie (Nell), Lucy -- UNDER CONSTRUCTION