Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cassie?

My name is simply Cassie on my birth certificate. I personally don't like the name Cassandra and will ignore anyone who tries to call me that name... lol! I love my name and wouldn't change it... When I first discovered my name was a nickname for Cassandra when I was young, for a short period I wanted it to be Cassandra, but that didn't last long and through my teenage years I went through a faze where I wanted to be called Cassidy and then I wanted my spelling to be changed to Kassie, but otherwise I've always loved my name and love my nn Cass. No-one was ever able to come up with a way to tease me for this name either... so I might be bias, but I do love it

I know 2 other Cassie's, the first one is also just Cassie on her birth certificate and the second one is Cassandra on her birth certificate, but she hates it.

If you like the name then go for it... I'm living proof that it's strong enough on it's own without being a nickname of something else... my nickname for Cassie is Cass. Now if you were thinking of going with Cass, I would recommend a full name such as Cassie or Cassidy

I may be late to the game, but my best friend was named Cassie, and her full name was Catherine. So that's an option.

Quote Originally Posted by betsbillabong View Post
    I may be late to the game, but my best friend was named Cassie, and her full name was Catherine. So that's an option.
    I'm a Catherine, with a maternal grandmother named Cassie (not short for anything else, just Cassie). My mother thought it was a close-enough way to honor a Cassie, since she didn't particularly love Cassandra as an option.

I think it could work for Lucrezia (my current name crush).