Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    I do the normal movie credit thing but yesterday while trying to prove something to a family member I found a Thos in the immigration records from 1920 something. I don't know if it's a misprint or an abbreviation of Thomas (my family abbreviates Robert as Robt occasionally) or what.
    If I had a baby right now they'd be:
    Isaac
    or
    Blaire

Quote Originally Posted by thefuturemrsb View Post
    I do the normal movie credit thing but yesterday while trying to prove something to a family member I found a Thos in the immigration records from 1920 something. I don't know if it's a misprint or an abbreviation of Thomas (my family abbreviates Robert as Robt occasionally) or what.
    That'll definitely be a Thomas I spend half my life sifting through old records and you see a lot of Thos, Wm, Chs, Jno, Rd, Hy, Geo etc. They were so lazy in the old days

I tend to collect most of my interesting names from old parish & census records and wills (I've got a thing about deciphering old handwriting in the original records, even if they're already transcribed online), overhearing parents yelling at their kids or occasionally from a good old book. I rarely look at film & TV credits, though the Pixar films are always sweet because in the credits they list all the babies born to crew members during production

I found another good place today...Instagram!

Children's fashion accounts sometimes post the names. Today I found a picture of sisters named Ira and...Serafima. I died.
    The Future Littles:
    Delaney Lynne, Mallory June, Bridget Victoria, Rachel MarloweBrandon Erich, Daniel Kent, Nolan ____

The wikipedia ancestry thingy is glorious (mainly when you look at pages of royals).
    Zelia/Elja • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a blog and a royalty blog.
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names.
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Elessar/Valdemar Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Juno Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

Quote Originally Posted by shvibziks View Post
    The wikipedia ancestry thingy is glorious (mainly when you look at pages of royals).
    Oh yes, I've spent many an hour on wikipedia looking through obscure European royal families and marvelling at the names they use (sad, I know). But wiki isn't famed for its accuracy and often misses out children or middle names, so I find that thepeerage.com is very good for all things aristocratic.