Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    My favorite places to look for new names are cemeteries, census records, marriage records, deeds, and wills - the older, the better. One of the most rewarding aspects of genealogy for me is the discovery of so many intriguing, dashing, elaborate, and/or long-forgotten names.
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

My mother used to sub a lot and then actually became a teacher at my highschool. So after classes were over and she was finishing up grades and whatnot, I would look through the attendance sheets to find out my classmates' middle names. I found a few names I like this way, and loved to compare the kids who shared a first name. (We were a lot of Andrews, Kyles, Amys, Amandas and Sarah's).
    And of course I silently judged their parents for naming style, sound, rhythm, and alliteration... =]

Quote Originally Posted by gwen5 View Post
    I look at movie credits a lot, as well as listen to the names on my husband's video games. There are some strange ones let me tell you!
    Haha! Thought I was the only one! Actually, the only names my husband will consent to like are from video games! There are actually a few with potential among all those strange ones!

Cemeteries, Video Games and Literature for me.
    Gia Michaela, 22 and obsessed with names

No kids yet

Orion, Blake, Oscar, Frederick, Jonah, Ezekeil, Colton, Maxwell, James "Jamie"
    Scout, Jubilee, Isabella, Alexandrie "Alex/Alexa", Kylan, Annabel, Mireille, Emily "Emmy"

The crime blotter and obituaries