Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I look at movie credits, and baby announcements too. Lately I have been playing this game called Dishonored where the main character is called Corvo (pretty cool)!

I also read history, Mandarin and international studies books for my course--there have been a few good gems there as well.
    Kit | Susanna

I take every opportunity I happen to be at a cemetery to make note of the more interesting or unusual names I see. I also enjoy looking through class rosters, movie/tv show credits, RPGs, and even the occasional obituary.

However, the weirdest place I've looked for a name (or rather, stumbled upon) was me misreading something I wrote then erased as a name. I tend to also mishear things as names sometimes and think, "Wow, that's a new one for me!"
    ~Favorites of the moment~

Girls: Sonya, Caroline, Sakura, Carmilla, Terra
    Boys: Conrad, Fain, Marcelo, Serge, Isidoro

Vote on my name list!

When we were expecting baby #2 we walked through the book store and looked at all the authors names. Like everyone else we looked at movie credits (we would pause and write down any names we liked!)
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

Garden books. I like unusual botanicals, both their regular names (Lilac, Hazel, Zinnia...) and horticultural Latin. I don't know if Halesia, or Ixora is going to make it as a name though.

Quote Originally Posted by jazz1509 View Post
    When we were expecting baby #2 we walked through the book store and looked at all the authors names. Like everyone else we looked at movie credits (we would pause and write down any names we liked!)
    Thats a great idea. Might try that when I go to the library next!

I go on google translate and type in words with beautiful meanings then translate them into different languages.

Oh and stripedsocks. I do that all the time. I like Acacia, Kerria, Clematis. I also do that if I go to large gardens and look at the plant tags.
    guinea piggie mama to Hetty+Olga+Enid+Winnie