Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Old Church records online. I guess it's not very strange, but I'm not sure most people would know they're there.
    A lot of names I've fallen in love with through music, but I can't say I actually seek out music with names in titles and such just to find new ones. Ernestine and Sylvelin are song finds.

I discovered Mansikka from a yoghurt cup, it's Finnish for 'strawberry'. I really like Mansikka ^^ I also love seeking out the scientific names for animals and plants to find interesting ones. Roseodora, Castanea, Capsicum, Junellia, Caroba...

Also lists of colours, fruits, minerals, gemstones, herbs and such on Wikipedia.
    I discovered Persimmon as a name possibility due to a character on a TV show exlaiming 'A Persimmon! I love Persimmons!' XD
    And Minnow from Ursula K. LeGuin's Earthsea series. Books are a good place to look for names, and like someone said the dedications can be wonderful.
    Azaro from Ben Okri's 'The Famished Road' is another favourite

Not sure where you are from, but in Australia capsicum is used as the general name, not just the scientific name. In my mind this is similar to calling your child Carrot. But I understand that in America capsicums are called peppers or something.

I'm from Norway where we call them Paprika, and yes, there are girls named Paprika, but it's extremely uncommon.
    And I have to admit I wouldn't use it, I'm just highlighting an approach with perhaps less than perfect examples.
    Åshild / Norwegian / 24 / Name Collector / Work: Daycare and the Library / Love to bake, read and listen to music

Maeva + Eulalie + Rosalind + Emerence + Saskia + Everild + Nimue + Anaïs + Ophelia + Lileas + Helena + Rixende
    Balthasar + Leonidas + Isidor + Philo + Alasdair + Edmund + Iskandar + Ignatius + Valentine + Emmanuel + Emrys

Mercy + Bloom + Evening + Blythe + Prosper + Briar + Boone + Hawthorn

I always use the periodic table! The periodic table is one of my favourite things!
    ♪Little Miss Geek♪
    Boys - Angus Cormac, Ross Linden, Miles Elias, Tierney Pax, Clancy Luca
    Girls - Fifer Amity, Lane Geneva, Blythe Elowen, Bronwen Eliza, Anwen Bryony

♥♥♥

I look at movie credits a lot, as well as listen to the names on my husband's video games. There are some strange ones let me tell you!
    ~ Sadiya Hope & Wendy Monroe ~ 10/18/08 ~
    ~Phillipa Ellen Gray~ 2/14/13 ~
    ----
    | Louise | Helena | Carmen | Eileen | Rose | Vesper | Bridget | Lourdes | Jane | Katia |
    | Phoenix | Peter | August | Felix | Bennett | Dimitri | Xavier | Mack | Ty | Walter |