Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by daisy451 View Post
    Not so much cross over, but cross back. I'd love to see more male Mackenzies- I absolutely love Mackenzie for a boy. I also like Auden for boys and girls, but right now it's so rare you really can use it for either.
    Yes, I forgot to mention "crossing back".
    Mackenzie is a great name and I don't see it as often on a boy than a girl.

It has a lot to do with the demographics in my area and the need to pick something less "English mainstream".

To nono: Felicity is a nice four-syllable name with a lot going for it, IMHO. But I think the fact that Felix is so short that makes it appealing to me.

ottilie: Wow, I had no idea Zooey is the eponym of a male character in J.D. Salinger's "Franny & Zooey".

cookiesnatcher: I'd love to meet a boy named, Sage. I actually like it better on boy too.

I LOVE unisex and cross over names! They are always my favourites. I'd love to see Harry on a girl, it's too pretty for a boy and Felix one of my favourites for both genders, even though I'd never name one of my own kids Felix.
    ♪Little Miss Geek♪
    Boys - Angus Cormac, Ross Linden, Miles Elias, Tierney Pax, Clancy Luca
    Girls - Fifer Amity, Lane Geneva, Blythe Elowen, Bronwen Eliza, Anwen Bryony

♥♥♥

Most of the time I dislike cross-overs....but there are SOME exceptions: Sol, Pax, Austen and Indigo for girls and Ash and Kendall for boys. .
    Last edited by starcatcher668; October 30th, 2012 at 04:35 PM.

HermioneCassiaRosalieSofiaKatarinaKiona
    LeoMatthiasEspenBennettAvery

I don't necessarily want to see any name change over (although I would LOVE to have Bailey and Avery seen as more masculine!), but I do think Brady would be adorable for a girl! I don't want it to change over, because I know what it feels like to have a unisex name, and I hate it (I love my name, just hate that it's unisex), and I wouldn't want to put my daughter through that. Or anyone else's daughter. But it is a huge GP for me.

ETA: All this Mackenzie talk has me thinking--how usable is Mackenzie on a boy? Up until this Saturday, I have known/met five boys named Mackenzies, and no female Mackenzies. This Saturday, I met the new baby girl in my church (yes, Mackenzie! ). It seems like everyone else knows only girl Mackenzies, but for the longest time, I've only known boy Mackenzies (which, I not-so-secretly am pretty psyched about...).
    Last edited by ashthedreamer; October 31st, 2012 at 12:39 AM.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Oooh. starcatcher668: I like Austen for a girl too! I'm glad I'm not the only one!
    18-year-old name nerd