Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Xanthe

Xanthe

What do you think of Xanthe? How is it pronounced? I first read it as zan-thee, but I may be wrong. I think Xanthe is gorgeous though! Sorry if this post is so short.
    A writer and a student. Just another berry, probably under-ripe.

(\__/)
    ( o.o ) Helping Bunny to world dominance.
    ( >< )

I think Xanthe is really lovely. I would pronounce it that way as well. I would imagine some people having a hard time with the PRN, but I would think they would get it with time. With Penelope and Phoebe getting more popular along with Chloe and Zoe, the e will probably be less of a problem than it used to be.

I think Xanthe is beautiful, however it could be a little too out there (at least I think so). I would pronounce it that way as well, and I think the sound is gorgeous- very light and exotic.
    | Arabella Monet | Henrietta Plum | Isolde Noor | Agatha Ruby | Marian Primrose |
    | Emma Berlin | Cressida Lilac | Jessamine Lark | Vivienne Snow | Ireland Eve |

I'm not crazy about the "thee" sound... the xan part is lovely. When I read it I always think "xanth," I wonder how many other people would make that mistake in pronunciation.

I read it as 'ZAN-th'. but I may be wrong! I think its very pretty, but not sure I would have the guts to use it!