Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Full name for Birdie?

I love the idea of naming my daughter Birdie, but I can't get DH on board. As much as I don't like compromising by choosing "acceptable" first names for vetoed "nicknames", sometimes that's what we have to do.

With that said, I don't really know what a full name for Birdie would be? I was thinking something like Bridget, which I think is horrible no matter how it's spelled. I can't really think of any others. There's Betty, but I can't imagine choosing a nickname first name just so I can get to another nickname.

Does anybody else have any other suggestions? I don't like the idea of giving her a "bird" name like Wren or Raven or something and then calling her Birdie. That's a little cheesy for me.
    Ezra, Finn, Hamish, Nathan, Roland, Tobias
    Bonnie, Clementine, Greta, Hermione, Matilda, Wren

My grandmother refers to all of her daughters as something-bird. (Nanny-Bird, Susie-Bird, Katie-Bird). I imagine Birdie would follow pretty logically from that, which means you can use just about any name...kind of like a little boy who ends up being called Buddy. Lady Bird Johnson's actual name was Claudia.

(This was actually my plan for my own daughter, but now I have a chubby cheeked 3 month old who it's hard to imagine as a "Bird". Maybe when she's a little older?)

I was going to suggest giving her a bird name and calling her birdie :P

How about these names which have sounds that could make Birdie:

Abira -- strong, powerful, noble
    Bira -- fortress
    Birgit -- exalted one -- I like it better than Bridget
    Birgitta
    Birkita -- woman of great strength
    Kabira -- one who is powerful
    Sabira -- patient

Or things with the Ber sounds:

Alberta
    Amber
    Berdine
    Berenice
    Bernadette
    Bernice
    Bertila
    Ember
    Kimberley
    Roberta

Or names that mean bird:

Aviana
    Avis
    Mavis
    Meena
    Merel
    Palila
    Sephora
    Tzipora/Zippora
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I've seen the name Birdine, which I think is cute. Also, though your husband probably won't go for them, there are the names Songbird or Bluebird. Here, if you go to this link you will find a list of girl's names that contain "bir." That may give you some options.

Of course it would help if I added the link: http://www.babynamespedia.com/contain/f/bir