77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blaire

30 38.96%
  • Paige

23 29.87%
  • Gwen

24 31.17%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Lightbulb One syllable name. Over thinking anal father?!?!?! Crunch time!! HELP!!

Hey guys! This is it! 1 week to go! Our child will be here soon and we don't know the gender and don't have a name! If it's a girl, we have been able to narrow it down to 3 names. I posted on this topic back in September, and got great feedback from you guys and got great new suggestions, and was fortunately able to narrow it down from 8! Here's the link:

http://nameberry.com/nametalk/thread...d-time-parents!!

But here we are, only 1 week away and we are still undecided. I don't know if I am being overly analytical and over thinking this, but I figured that you guys helped us once, so maybe you will be nice enough to help us again! Our loose goals with the name is to be one syllable, sleek, sophisticated, somewhat modern, not overly popular nor trendy, and sound good with our daughter's name Sloane (15 months).The 3 names and my concerns with each are:

Blaire-too harsh/not "pretty" enough, too many guys with this name/too masculine.

Paige-too teaseable, surprising number of Paige's that I have encountered that DON'T like their name for that reason

Gwen-too nicknamy, can't stand on it's own.

So let me have it! Am I being anal or do you guys go through this agonizingly exhilarating process too? I mean we like all 3 names, but we don't want to have namer's regret. Also important is that we love our first born's name. And what's interesting is that we love her name more now than when we chose it (if that makes sense) and perhaps we are putting too much pressure on ourselves to pick a name that we will love as much as Sloane!
    Thanks for your time berries!!

PS sorry for the long post, think i had too much coffee this morning!!

Well I love Gwen on it's own, I think it works, but if that is a problem, why not consider Gwendolyn? I'm not a fan of Paige, my cousin actually goes by this since she hates her first name, Jordan, since it's a boy's name, so Paige felt better for her, she was never teased for it. I'm not a fan of Blaire since it reminds me of Blaire Witch....
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables

I love Gwen, it can definitely stand on it's own without sounding like a nickname! I'm not a huge fan of the name Paige, and it doesn't really go with Sloane. As for Blaire, I prefer it spelt Blair but that's just me, but I think it goes quite well with Sloane. But hands down I think Gwen is beautiful! (But if you want a full name and use Gwen as a nickname, there a plenty of Gwen names I could recommend!)

Gwellian
    Gwendolyn/Gwendolen
    Gwenda
    Gwenith
    Gwenno
    Gwenan
    Guinevere

Hope this helps!
    Libby Felicity Annalise Isla Phoebe Carina Violet Martha Ariana | Iowan Macsen Henry Isaac Jude Freddie Aneurin Niall Adair

I like Gwen the best of the names on your list. I don't think it's too nicknamey, but it does seem a little more feminine than Sloane. As a result, I voted for Paige as the best sibset match. I'm not a Blaire fan, but that would work too-- I don't think it's masculine, but it has kind of a stuck up connotation for me from its use on tv.

Some other one-syllable possibilities: Blythe, Brett, Lee, Faye, May, Bea, Hope, True, Rue, Eve, Sage, Drew, Greer.
    There are several others ending in -N, but they might be a little close: Fern, June, Anne, Brynn, Winn.

Some multi-syllable names that I think would work well:

Sloane and

Avery
    Eden
    Ellis
    Finley
    Hadley
    Harper
    Honor
    Kennedy
    Linden
    Malin