Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I'm detecting a bit of veiled racism here. This article is definitely worth a read:What's up with black names, anyway?

I wonder if any of these are combinations of their parents' names. Keli'Jah, Don'Shanay, Carlmesia, and Ja'Morris seem like they very well could be. It is not my culture's way of honoring relatives but neither would I name a child Charles Edwin IV.

I think names with apostrophes are just awful...There are two I can think of that I've met in real life. A'Briahn - pronounced like Aubrey Ann and T'Leesha. Both awful.
    ♂ Ellis Christopher / Asher Estlin / Seth Joshua / Gordon Thomas / Russell Joseph ♂
    ♀ Marilyn Kay / Joanna Kathryn / Tessa Diane / Nola Elaine / Christine Ruby ♀

I met a little girl named Carzie once. I thought that was weird and that her parents were trying too hard to be trendy when they named her. I also knew a Zah'Quayvia once.

I know a Beige who has a brother named Josh I think. With a lot of these they could go by for example D'Andrea, Andrea or Andie.
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by trili View Post
    I'm detecting a bit of veiled racism here. This article is definitely worth a read:What's up with black names, anyway?
    I agree. Let's-make-fun-of-African-American-names threads aren't too cool
    human children:
    holden timothy | huckleberry jude
    non-human children:
    penelope | puck | sofia