Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Let's Talk About Sex..

Sorry if this is TMI, but I was wondering if any of you had an opinion on a couple's sex life during pregnancy. I have a two year old son and am currently 20 weeks pregnant. During my first pregnancy, my husband had to be out of the country on business about half of the time, so sex was more of a guaranteed thing when he was home. I think because we missed each other so much and had to be apart, I was able to overlook the fact I didn't feel sexy.

During this pregnancy, however, he wants to have sex all the time! We normally have a very healthy sex life, but as the weeks progress, I feel more and more unattractive. He says very sweet things, but I can't seem to get over it. Any opinions on how to feel more confident during sex while pregnant? I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by charlotte79 View Post
    Sorry if this is TMI, but I was wondering if any of you had an opinion on a couple's sex life during pregnancy. I have a two year old son and am currently 20 weeks pregnant. During my first pregnancy, my husband had to be out of the country on business about half of the time, so sex was more of a guaranteed thing when he was home. I think because we missed each other so much and had to be apart, I was able to overlook the fact I didn't feel sexy.

During this pregnancy, however, he wants to have sex all the time! We normally have a very healthy sex life, but as the weeks progress, I feel more and more unattractive. He says very sweet things, but I can't seem to get over it. Any opinions on how to feel more confident during sex while pregnant? I appreciate it!
    It was totally opposite in my case. When I was pregnant, I felt more sexual than ever and I wanted it all the time. My husband was always worrying about hurting the baby, not being too rough, so he seemed to want it less. By the end of the pregnancy, I was so angry and frustrated and hurt because I thought he just wasn't attracted to me anymore. He insisted that was not the case...but I still felt slightly hurt. If your husband is wanting it all the time, that means you're more attractive than ever to him, so enjoy it!
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

I don't know if I've got any great tips... Having sex when you feel unattractive is horrible, pregnant or not. What kind of unattractive do you feel (if you don't mind me asking)? It might help with the advice.
    I'm 18 weeks, and I feel amazing, I know I'm getting bigger but I exercise a lot and I have a pretty healthy diet, and dress in nice lingerie and clothes and that makes me feel sexy and beautiful. Maybe taking a nice bath in rose or jasmine oil. You'll smell intoxicating and be completely relaxed. Drinking champagne always makes me feel super foxy, but I guess not while pregnant. I have to say, I'm more into being pampered at the moment, than sex. We still have a really good sex life, but it's not crazy like some women get (which is good, cause boyfriend works a lot). So he massages me, does my feet and hands, brushes my hair, and makes me treats, and then I get in the mood.

For me I'm normally very small, and I know that my husband likes petit women. I feel like he's just trying to be nice, because he knows how I'm feeling. I know I should be very happy and would be very insulted if he did not want to have sex, but I guess it is more of a problem with myself, than our relationship. I was anorexic as a teenager, so maybe it is underlying feelings from that struggle. Anyway, thank you for your suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by charlotte79 View Post
    For me I'm normally very small, and I know that my husband likes petit women. I feel like he's just trying to be nice, because he knows how I'm feeling. I know I should be very happy and would be very insulted if he did not want to have sex, but I guess it is more of a problem with myself, than our relationship. I was anorexic as a teenager, so maybe it is underlying feelings from that struggle. Anyway, thank you for your suggestions!
    I'm tiny too, and it's a bit of a process getting used to the weight gain. Exercise really makes me feel better about myself (I do yoga and run). I also use these amazing products from Mama Mio, for stretchmarks and cellulite and everything (whole range from thighs to breasts!) and I know it helps keeping my skin pretty. I'm sure you look gorgeous, but I know it's difficult.