Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I need some new girls names!

I feel like I'm at a dead end with my girls list. Over the past few years I'm sure that I've liked close toevery name I come across, and they're eventually fizzled down to about 10 core favourites (they do rotate from time to time). But I think I'd like a few newer ones to add to it.

A few favourites are in my signature so you have a vague idea of what I'm looking for (my taste is pretty varied, but I generally like feminine-but-down-to-earth type names, preferably old-fashioned).

So, anything to inspire me? What are your favourites at the minute? Can you suggest even one or two I might like?
    Last edited by oliviasarah; October 25th, 2012 at 08:01 PM.
    close to my heart ★ Billie Cordelia - Jemima Eilidh - May Margaret - Estella Agnes - Jessamine Martha
    Emmett Jack - Alec Huw - Wilfred Nicholas - Rufus Kielder - Harrison Tadhg - Robert Fox - Wes Oberon

unusable-beautiful; Virginia Eseld & Dolores Eithne . ''She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line'. 'olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

I'm loving Vivienne, Viviana and Meredith and Eliza at the moment. Vivian/Vivienne, Meredith and Eliza seem old-fashioned to me in a way. Here are my combos for them just for fun.

Vivienne Faith Alexandra
    Viviana Sophia Kate
    Meredith Olivia Joy
    Eliza Ann-Sophie or Eliza Ann-Juliette or Eliza Sophie-Jayne. (I'd call her Liza Ann or Liza Jayne)

First name I thought of is Cora. I love the name, but can't use it. The character Cora from Last of the Mohicans (book not movie) almost perfectly matches your "feminine but down to earth" description.

These are all lovely, thank you. These are the ones I like most (some have been favourites in the past).
    Caoimhe
    Agnes
    Lark
    Elena
    Winifred
    Eugenie
    Edith
    Thelma
    Elsa
    Florence
    Martha
    Maisie / Margaret
    Nancy
    Clara
    Adele
    Adeline
    Ada
    Lenora
    Ferne
    Henrietta
    Heidi
    Beatrix
    Esme
    Genevieve
    Guinevere
    Minerva
    Paloma
    Philomena
    Tallulah
    Cora
    Meredith
    Eliza
    Vivianne
    Last edited by oliviasarah; October 26th, 2012 at 12:04 PM.
    close to my heart ★ Billie Cordelia - Jemima Eilidh - May Margaret - Estella Agnes - Jessamine Martha
    Emmett Jack - Alec Huw - Wilfred Nicholas - Rufus Kielder - Harrison Tadhg - Robert Fox - Wes Oberon

unusable-beautiful; Virginia Eseld & Dolores Eithne . ''She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line'. 'olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)