Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Actually got hubs to look at nameberry....

These are the names he came up with

Azrael
    Balthezar
    Frey

randomly
    Connor
    Matthias

and the only we both like
    Ephraim.

I have liked Ephraim for a long time however, our last name ends in an M also. Would that be weird? Do you have any other suggestions like Ephraim that dont end in an M. He says he likes Classic but not traditional?

I'm trying out different "m" endings in my head and none sound that bad to me. If you both like the name, I think it's a really good one. I actually really like Ephraim more and more as I look at it.

I can't think of any similar names that do not end in "m". The closest I can get is Ezra or Elias, but they seem to lack the same power.

Maybe Efrain? But if you're going to do that, you might as well use the name you really like.
    Ezra, Finn, Hamish, Nathan, Roland, Tobias
    Bonnie, Clementine, Greta, Hermione, Matilda, Wren

I don't know much about names or naming styles at all, but in a million years I would never classify the names he picked as classic but not traditional. Maybe I'm missing something. I like Connor and Matthias a lot, but not so much the other three, especially Azrael which is Gargamel's cat on the Smurfs, so that's all I can think of.

Ephraim is not my style, but is does seem like a nice storied, but still uncommon name. I also strangely love the possibility of "Eph" as a nn, and I think I would be pleasantly surprised if I met a little Ephraim. It's hard to figure out if it would sound bad with your last name unless you tell us maybe what it sounds similar to? Ephraim Hadam doesn't sound bad to me (only last name I can think of), but it might sound strange if it has certain sounds in it, perhaps?

Our last name is a 2 syllable Swedish last name ending in --strom. Middle name would be Jon

I think Ephraim will sound fine with that surname : D. However Eliakim is another one I like - it would at least have a different syllable count. Same for Joachim. Seth, Ezra, and Joseph come to mind though, also Enzo (though that might be strange with a Scandi surname?).