Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Italian boy name to go with siblings!

My two boys are named Louis and Luca. Had I thought we would have a third I would not have gone with the double Ls!
    I like Santino but it doesn't go at all- but as Luca is officially Luca-Angelo could I get away with it?? Louis, Luca-Angelo and Santino?!
    Lorenzo is also on the list, but only because it goes with the L theme!!! Also there will be an 8 yr gap between baby and "his" siblings so does that mean "going with" siblings names not as important??
    (A girl would solve this problem but I am not holding my breath!)
    Thank you for any comments - will be much appreciated!

I think you are fine to go with a different letter if you want. 2 is a pattern but 3 is what really locks it in. I really like Lorenzo and it's very handsome and would work fine, it would just lock in the Ls even more if you have a 4th (which is not to say it would really be such a problem to have Louis, Luca, Lorenzo, and Santino or something...I think it's fine). I also like Leo for you.

I'm definitely not of the mind of being themey on purpose. Did you pick two L names to be themey together? Doesn't sound like it. As far as I'm concerned, you aren't locked in to anything unless you *want* to be.
    My brothers both have B name... most families I know with 3 kids actually have 2 kids whose names start with the same letter. I don't even think the Duggars are locked in to a J name
    No big deal.

ETA: As much as I love Lorenzo, if it's only on your list because it starts with an L, DON'T USE IT. Pick a name you love like you did with your first two (I assume), you'll be happier in the long run, and he'll probably be happier too, because I know that when my parents told me they were ho-hum on my legal name, it turned me right off. They could have named me Bertha, and if they had loved it to the moon and back, it would have made a big difference to me, but instead, they were like, "We liked other names more but couldn't use them, so we went with one that sounded kind of like that, and your middle name sounded okay." With that kind of feedback on my name from the get-go from the people who gave it to me, I've never connected with my name and I remember being in grade 2 and already looking for alternatives. If they'd said, "We've both loved it forever and went with our hearts" they could have given me almost any name and I would have felt honoured.
    Last edited by lucialucentum; October 21st, 2012 at 08:49 AM.
    Lucia
    Ariadne, Eleanora, Minerva, Orchid, Sela
    Caius, Everett, Luther, Marius, Mordecai

Ok, I didn't make any suggestions, haha.
    I noticed your username and I thought it was neat how your boys' names connected. with the Luca-Angelo and Louis
    Isaac
    Isidore/ Isidro/ Isidoro
    Ishmael & Israel do a complete loop, Louis->Ishmae/rael->Luca-Angelo so that could be neat! I like Israel a lot, actually, and I think Isidro would be awesome with your boys' names.
    Yes, I do realize I just said, "Don't get locked in to a theme" haha.

Santino isn't my style, sorry, it sounds nicknamey to me because it's a diminutive. It's all right, and if that's what you love, then go for it!
    I think Sabino has a similar sound, and I like that a lot.
    Fausto
    Orlando
    Niccolo
    Lucia
    Ariadne, Eleanora, Minerva, Orchid, Sela
    Caius, Everett, Luther, Marius, Mordecai

I love Santino-- what a fun name. Although, as lucia pointed out above, it is a diminutive from Santo and therefore means 'little saint.' Louis and Luca are already so close in sound that I would try my hardest to choose something quite different. As the others have said, 2 similar names is a happy coincidence; three is a pattern.

Aldo
    Alessio
    Alonzo
    Arrigo
    Benito
    Ciro
    Danilo
    Domenico (nn Nico)
    Emilio
    Giacomo
    Giancarlo (I think this name is smooooooth)
    Renzo
    Rodrigo
    Saviero
    Sergio
    Silvano
    Teodoro nn Teo
    Vitale
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Mireia * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Amal _ Hanan / Altair _ Fahd _ Ilyas _ Sajjad _ Saqr _ Tariq