Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Periodic Table Elements for names?

Another post inspired this, I would use some elements off the periodic table myself, WDYT? I always liked the periodic table. Ones marked * I have ob my own list, the others I thought would sound interesting:

Lithium
    Beryllium
    Iridium
    Xenon *
    Titanium
    Nitrogen - this sounds awesome to me
    Germanium
    Krypton *
    Cobalt
    Copper *
    Zirconium
    Silver *
    Mercury *
    Rhodium
    Zinc
    Uranium
    Current Favorite Names
    ♀ Monet | Monroe | Celsius (MN) | Malachi | Chai | Iowa
    ♂ Celsius (MN) | Monroe | Andrew

"Cat Mom" to: Tiger Lilly Jane

So, I've never had an English science class before so I don't know an of the elements in English unless they're the same, but the French names I think sound appealing are:
    Fluor (though I hate Fleur, lol. I like Flore and Flora, so I guess it kind of makes sense)
    Néon
    Phosphore
    Argon (kind of awkward, but kind of stong. Someone on this board likes Aragon, don't they?)
    Fer (more as a nickname, though)
    Étain

Interesting post!
    Lucia
    travel. teach. learn.
    20-something, name aficionada
    Sela, Vivian and Bastian "Baz", Fletcher

I'm not a fan really, but I do like Silver, and Selenia (Selenium). Other than that I find it kind of silly borderline pretentious.
    Laurel - 21 - Toronto

I quite like the name Selenia (from Selina) but I always get "like selenium?" when I mention it. I was also considering Rosegold as a middle name to honor my mom, who has a rose name, but I don't like it anymore. Titania was one of my first loves, and I still love it, but I wouldn't use it for a few different reasons. And then there's Silveria, which people always tell me sounds like an illness. I blame Naoko Takeuchi for making me think names like Malachite, Zoisite, Beryl, and Cyprine are usable.
    http://www.onceuponatimebabynames.com/
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9772380 (please vote!)

Due December 13, 2014 (12/13/14) It's a boy!
    Zorina, Faustine, Castalia, Vasilisa, Indrina, Calluna, Anaxandra, Hildana, Selenia, Lisandra, Satyana
    ... Alaric, Silvan, Alistair, Stellan, Rainer, Evander or Evren, Caspian, Soren, Theron, Sander, Sven

Well I've known people with names like Sliver, Neon, Chlorine, and Radon. I can see using the names Neon or Sliver, but I would never use something like Chlorine or Radon.

You also have some of the elements like Vanadium, Ruthenium, Samarium, Astatine, etc. which I reckon could be turned into names.