Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How do you feel about being a full time working mother?

So you have children, you probably have a degree, you probably had a career before children, now the children are not babies you have decided to join the workforce again.

How do you feel about entering the workforce again?

Is it for career satisfaction?

Is it for financial reasons?

Have you over committed yourself on the mortgage and can't survive without a second income in the home?

Do you have help from extended family?

Did you always plan on returning to the workforce and if so did the age of the child/children come into it?

Are you always tired because of the workload ie a 40 hour week, ferrying the children around and general housekeeping duties?

Does the workplace give you satisfaction particularly career satisfaction or is it just a relief to use your professional brain and escape from the eternal baby talk at home and at playgroup?

Does your DH help with the children and housekeeping duties or just look after the 'guy' jobs around the house?

I would love to hear your reasons for returning to full time work and how it affects you and your family.

rollo

I am pregnant with my first child and even though I always wanted to stay home with my children for the first couple years, finances aren't going to allow that, so I'll be going to work when he's about 3 months old. It might not be that bad, but for now, I'm kind of heartbroken. The people at daycare will literally see my child more than I do, since most of the time he's home with me, we'll be asleep. My mom keeps reminding me that she had to work throughout my childhood and that a lot of other moms do too, and still manage to have close, loving relationships.

I'm in the same boat! I'm expecting my first in June and I know I'll have to go back to work after a 3 month maternity leave. It's a combination of wanting to keep my career going combined with financial need and using my awesome benefits. But I would just like to have the option to only work part time. Not in the cards though.

We haven't decided about childcare yet but I'm lucky that my parents live close by and have offered to help out for a few days a week. My mom also was a working mother so I think I'll be leaning on her for a lot of support. I also have a very flexible workplace with understanding people.

Compared with a lot of people, I'm very very very lucky. I try not to complain but every now and again I wish I had the option to go back to work when "I" want...not when maternity leave is over.
    Mother to Phoebe Isobel

Eve Elise|Cora June|Sybil Maeve|Tessa Kate

James Gabriel|Ronan James|Thomas Xavier|Simon Alexander

I'm in the same boat! I'm expecting my first in June and I know I'll have to go back to work after a 3 month maternity leave. It's a combination of wanting to keep my career going combined with financial need and using my awesome benefits. But I would just like to have the option to only work part time. Not in the cards though.

We haven't decided about childcare yet but I'm lucky that my parents live close by and have offered to help out for a few days a week. My mom also was a working mother so I think I'll be leaning on her for a lot of support. I also have a very flexible workplace with understanding people. My husband is also super-organized and we definitely split all the housework, so that won't be too bad.

Compared with a lot of people, I'm very very very lucky. I try not to complain but every now and again I wish I had the option to go back to work when "I" want...not when maternity leave is over.
    Mother to Phoebe Isobel

Eve Elise|Cora June|Sybil Maeve|Tessa Kate

James Gabriel|Ronan James|Thomas Xavier|Simon Alexander

I never, ever, ever, ever, ever considered staying home with Antoine, as wonderful as he is.

I had 4 weeks of maternity leave. Yes, 4 weeks. There aren't exactly temps who can fill in for me (there's not a large pool of trained surgeons waiting around to be plugged into other people's vacations, maternity and family leaves, etc), so my being out was a very large stress on everyone else, who had to adapt without me.

I also have invested far too much in my job to consider leaving it, in terms of years, dollars and hours.

Lastly, I love what I do. I would feel like an incomplete person if I sat around staring at a preverbal little human all day. On the other hand, I would feel like an incomplete person if I didn't have that preverbal little human to come home to.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq