Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

I love reading and responding to positive threads! And what I love even better is reading about all these Berries' favourites!

There are so many names I love, though I still haven't sorted out which I would actually use. Some have not been liked by my partner (such as Felicity, Leona, Flora and Nola) , others I'm worried about pronunciation issues (such as Vera prn Vair-uh), some that I can't use because someone I know someone who used them first (such as Owen...for the longest time I was convinced that my son would be named this) and some don't go well with what will be the last name (anything 1-syllable, such as Jane, Glen, Dean). However, despite these reasons, I still love them all!

Basically though, all the names I love best AND would actually consider naming a child in real life are in my signature. Currently my absolute favourite fn + mn combinations are Vera Catherine and Callum Robert. When I think of these pairs of names I love, I can really picture a future daughter or son of mine.
    Last edited by claireelise; October 18th, 2012 at 11:56 AM.

Girls - Jane - Eleanor - Matilda - Caroline - Rosalind - Beatrix
    Boys - Arthur - Desmond - Edmund - Edwin - Frederick

Thanks so much, guys! Anyone else out there?
    Kylee

Fun! I actually have too many girl names I love. Boy names are tougher. There are a lot I like, but my hubby is much stricter on boy names. My favorite boy names of couse are my son's :-) Everett Callan

Girls:
    Eilonwy nn Eily- I can't help myself, I just love this name! I doubt we'll use it except as a middle name because of pronunciation problems, but it is still the name my husband and I keep coming back to. It's been our top name for 3 years!
    Wren- I love animal names, and this seems to be one of the most usable ones. I actually used to think it was a pretty common name cause I had a friend named Rynn (pronounced the same). I didn't realize it was so unusual until I joined nameberry. I also love Lark (I actually like it better than Wren) but it doesn't go well with our last name at all.
    Sage- Love this because it reminds me of the sagebrush in the mountains.
    Kestrel- I know it's weird, but I think it has so much potential. I love kestrels, and it has some great nn possibilities: Kit, Kel, Kessie, Elle, Ellie.
    Callie- It just sounds so friendly, plus it is my great grandmother's name.
    Hope- With infertility and an ectopic pregnancy, Hope has started to mean a lot to me.
    Joy- It's just hard to hear this name without smiling :-)

Boys:
    Phineas- Love it, but maybe a bit too risky for me. This is actually one that I hope becomes more popular.
    Cedar- This makes me think of the old growth cedar forests in the northwest, and I've never been anywhere so peaceful.
    Duncan- It just sounds fun.
    Flynn- Love the feel of this name, but the meaning is a bit boring to me.
    Ian and Levi- I really like both of these, but they are a bit popular.
    Roscoe- Just fun to say, but hubby isn't going for it.
    Ronan- Love! But doesn't flow well with our last name. Few names do unfortunately.

I'm kinda boring...
    Jack - so many good associations with this name. It makes me smile when I hear it.
    Oliver- my mother and I used to watch Oliver Twist together. We both love the movie but Ironically she hates the name.
    Leo- for my brother
    James nn Jay - for my favorite book, the Great Gatsby

Elisabeth - just love
    Georgiana- heard it in Pride and Prejudice and have loved it ever since
    Rose - its just so romantic and beautiful
    Charlotte - the name of my childhood doll
    Violet Gray
    No longer a teenager, still sad and name-obsessed

Jude, Theo, Luca, Oliver l Eliza, Rose, Kate, Dahlia