Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Last edited by fcooper; October 17th, 2012 at 11:25 PM.

I think I like names that are a bit more trendy than most of the people on this site...but here goes--

Girls:

Maya
    Sophia
    Anna
    Julia
    Lily
    Violet

Boys:

James
    William
    Jack
    Roman

Fabulous idea. I love talking about my favorite names (big surprise, I know).

GIRLS

Sylvie: To me this is the perfect name. It has a gorgeous sound and a lovely meaning. It's familiar enough not to sound bizarre, but it's not in the Top 1000 and, though it does get love on Nameberry, I don't think Sylvie is in danger of becoming outrageously trendy. It's also a name that transitions beautifully: sweet on a little girl, elegant on a young woman, etc. Sylvie can be a doctor or an artist or even a truck driver. And have I mentioned how much I love the sound? Sylvie. Sylvie! Perfect.

Eloise: A beautiful name with a strong history and literary associations in the form of Kay Thompson's spunky Eloise, hellion of the Plaza. Like Sylvie, Eloise is elegant, sophisticated, sweet, and transitions fabulously from age to age and profession to profession. It's lovely to hear and lovely to say. The only drawback to Eloise is its recent explosion in popularity. I fear that by the time I'm ready to have kids Eloise will be in the Top 20. Sigh.

Marigold: The sunniest, quirkiest, artsiest of nature names. Though Marigold is doubtless more difficult to wear than Sylvie or Eloise, the many nickname options (Mari, Margo, etc) make her a lot more versatile than she might first appear. Plus Marigold was the name of the heroine of "Magic for Marigold", one of my favorite childhood books. I've gotten double takes every time I've mentioned this name, but I love it.

Jane: Lovely, simple, literary...but perhaps a little plain? I love Jane paired with Sylvie: Sylvie Jane. Perfect.

Alice: Alice is now where I'm afraid Eloise will be in five years -- trendy and trending up. And no wonder. Like Jane, Alice is lovely, simple, and literary, but she's even more substantial than Jane and can definitely stand on her own.

Lydia: Unlike the other names I've listed so far, Lydia has no personal, familial, or literary significance for me. It's just an amazingly gorgeous, elegant, sophisticated, timeless name. Unfortunately she's also in the Top 100 and I can see her trending even higher. Sigh.

Other names I love: Juniper, Willow, Margot, Gwendolyn, Mabel, and Geneva.

BOYS

Thaddeus: Thaddeus just does not get enough love. This is such a fabulous name! Thaddeus has a strong, handsome sound and a great history. I would use Teddy as a nn (yes, I know it's not accurate -- creative license, okay?).

Roscoe: Roscoe is another one that should be way more popular than it is. It has a very modern, jazzy feel, and I love an -o ending. I love saying this name. Roscoe! Love it, love it, love it.

Jasper: Oh, Jasper. Why can't I quit you? I love nature names, I love J-names...Jasper is perfect. Unfortunately, unlike Roscoe and Thaddeus, he's hardly an undiscovered commodity. Jasper, like Alice, is officially trendy. Hopefully both Jasper and Alice will have cooled off somewhat by the time I'm ready to have kids.

Charlie: Nameberry's description is spot-on -- this is the friendliest of names. Like Jasper, Charlie is more popular than I'm comfortable with, but unlike Jasper, Charlie has been popular forever. He's timeless, charming, and terribly dapper. It's impossible not to like Charlie.

Other names I love: Atlas, Magnus, Wallace, Waldo, Elliot, August, Rafferty, Archer, Darwin, Jude, Hugo, Everett...I love boys' names.

For Girls I love
    Charlotte
    Madeleine
    Harriet
    Genevieve
    Susannah

For boys I love
    Alexander
    Chase
    Alec
    Partick
    Harry (A play on my maiden name)

Some names I love but my hubby would never let me use.
    Girls
    Willow
    Addison

Boys
    Ash
    Jackson
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

augusta_lee, I LOVE your names!

Eloise, Marigold, and Alice are beautiful

Thaddeus and Roscoe are so sticking' handsome!
    Kylee