Married to my love since August 2001
    --—————————————
    My lovely bunch of coconuts;
    Sebastian Elihu (7/02)
    Bronwen Eliza (2/04)
    Linus Ezra Graham (9/06)
    Violet Leona (1/09) and
    Wolfgang Levi (3/13)
    Always missing our Felix Emmanuel (10/10-10/10)

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who think's it's rude!
    I spoke to my Aunty about it because I was really shocked and didn't understand why my cousin used the name. She said that apparently my cousin forgot that we call Annabelle Belle. She said that the dog was named after the Disney princess Belle. The part about her being named after the Disney princess I think is true as they have a cat named Ariel and a bird named Snow White. The part about forgetting that we call Annabelle Belle seems a bit of a stretch.
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

Now that you mention that about Ariel and Snow White, it just seems likemaybe she was on a Disney Princess theme and one would think that she would remember that your Annabelle goes by Belle but who knows.
    Married to my love since August 2001
    --—————————————
    My lovely bunch of coconuts;
    Sebastian Elihu (7/02)
    Bronwen Eliza (2/04)
    Linus Ezra Graham (9/06)
    Violet Leona (1/09) and
    Wolfgang Levi (3/13)
    Always missing our Felix Emmanuel (10/10-10/10)

Now that you know she's using a Disney princess theme to name her pets, why don't you suggest other Disney princess names as a compromise? Calmly and rationally explain that it upsets you and ask if she'd be willing to change her dog's name - especially considering you've had your daughter for over a year. You could make a list together. It could be a bonding experience!!

Here's a few to start you off:
    Anastasia (duh!! - although Anastasia is not a Disney princess, we'll let that slide for this topic's purposes!!)
    Briar Rose (Sleeping Beauty)
    Cinderella (duh!!)
    Esmeralda (The Hunchback Of Notre Dame)
    Giselle (Enchanted)
    Jasmine (Aladdin)
    Mia (The Princess Diaries)
    Mulan (duh!!)
    Nala (The Lion King; probably more appropriate for a cat)
    Rapunzel (Tangled)
    Tiana (Princess and the Frog)

That was just princesses. You also have other fab female Disney characters, like:
    Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)
    Calliope (Hercules; muse of epic poetry)
    Clio (Hercules; muse of history)
    Daisy (Duck; Donald's girlfriend)
    Hera (Hercules)
    Lilo (Lilo and Stitch; although, this is fairly synonymous with Lindsay Lohan these days, which she may not be too keen on.)
    Melody (The Little Mermaid 2; Ariel's daughter)
    Melpomene (Hercules; muse of drama)
    Minnie (Mouse)
    Sarabi (The Lion King)
    Terpsichore (Hercules; muse of dance)
    Thalia (Hercules; muse of comedy)
    Ursula (The Little Mermaid)
    Wendy (Peter Pan)

I hope that sparks your interest!! Good luck!!
    xx
    Last edited by lauraj88; October 16th, 2012 at 09:45 PM. Reason: OCD about alphabetising!!
    Laura Janet. 25 years old.

* Adelaide * Arizona * Calliope * Clementine * Daphne * Francesca * Harriet * Matilda * Ruby * Saskia *

* Atticus * Declan * Felix * Lachlan * Nathaniel * Owen * Rafferty * Sullivan * Theodore * Vincent *

Well it's true that you don't own the name and she can really name her dog whatever she wants, it still is a bit strange/rude that she used Belle when you see eachother so much. It'd be obviously different if she was a cousin you never saw. Disney princess names or not, there are many other Disney names to choose from...
    Favourites at the moment ♥

Leah, Scarlett, Sophie, Claire, Vivian, Madeleine, Evangeline, Selena, Gillian, Nina, Mila, Heidi, Isla, Hazel, Annabelle, Lydia, Celia, Violet, Genevieve
    Elias, Eli, Dominic, Thatcher, Graham, Noel, Nolan, Chase, Mattias, Dean, Cole, Blake, Daniel, Ash, Rhys, Julian, Callum, Kieran, Aidan, Ronan