Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Angry Am I being ridiculous?

My daughter's name is Annabelle and most of the time we call her Belle. On Saturday my cousin who I am very close with just got a puppy and named her Belle. When I heard they named their dog Belle I thought they were joking but apparently not. When I asked her why she would name her dog Belle when that's what we call our daughter she said "It's not like you own the name." My daughter isn't even one yet and when we were there they kept call the the dog "Belle, come here Belle. Good Belle." and my daughter was getting really confused. Everyone seems to think I'm being ridiculous but it really gets to me. Am I being crazy?
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

Well, what she did might be rude, but no one owns a name. Maybe to avoid your daughter from being confused, you could ask them not to bring the dog over? Or if you were at their house, not sure which, you could just not bring your daughter over until she is old enough to understand that the dog shares the same name as her.

You could also use another nickname for your daughter such as Anna or Anne or just use Annabelle.

I wouldn't say you are being ridiculous, but at the same time, you can't tell them what to name their dog no matter how rude it may be. Sorry for your situation, hopefully things will work out.
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables

I think that is a little rude...when your daughter is a little older, she might think it's fun to share a name with a puppy, but at the moment, when she's so young, it's just confusing! It's true that no one owns a name, but still.

I understand that no one owns a name. I was just shocked that she would use that name. We see them 2 or 3 times a week, (sometimes their house, sometimes ours) I'm not going to stop seeing my cousin over it or anything.

We do call our daughter Annabelle a lot but most of the time it's just Belle, especially because our 2 year old can't say Annabelle, it sound's like she is saying "I'm a Bell" (Which I must admit it very cute) When I was growing up my best friend named her cat Jazz (My nickname) and I thought it was cool. I was 13 though so I understood when they were talking to their cat and when they were talking to me.
    Oh well, there isn't anything I can do about her calling the dog Belle. I would never ask her to change the name or anything I just thought it was a bit weird.
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

You aren't ridiculous, she is. IMO what she did is rude. It's true, no one owns a name but that was a stupid thing for her to do. I would tell her that and get a gold fish and name it after your cousin lol... but really I would put my foot down that she rename her dog as you cannot rename your child.
    Mommy to Ivory (the cat), Hudson (the bulldog mix), and LittleFoot aka Lilla (the lab x terrier).

Our little girl is due February 2013.