Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Olivier

I think it would be confused more in spoken form for Olivia, especially if you're in a part of the world which doesn't pronounce the -rs at the end. The French way of saying it is Uh-liv-ee-ay, which isn't that far off Uh-liv-ee-ah for someone with sloppy speech. Even the anglicised form of Uh-liv-ee-air isn't far off of it either. Written down, there won't be much problem, just people misreading it as Oliver, but spoken he might get called by a girls' name. Just something you might want to bear in mind.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

Olivier is charming, dashing and a great twist on the very popular Oliver! I love the name, especially since I have a bit of French, amongst others, mixed in my heritage! A lovely name!

Bree
    Proud mama to..

Eliska Seraphine (b. 3rd March 2001)
    Gabriel Blake 'Gabe' (b. 12th May 2008)
    Naomi Sage (b. 22nd August 2010)
    Scarlett Rowena (b. 28th September 2012)
    Murphy Atticus (b. 28th September 2012)

Top Choices:
    Coralie Nell ~ Juliette Rue ~ Claira Mae
    Willard Pasha ~ Hugo Elliott ~ River Thackeray

Olivier is one of my favourite French boys names. It's sophisticated, romantic, elegant and debonair. Sir Laurence Olivier is quite a lovely association too so that's a bonus!
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I like it a lot! It is a nice alternative to Oliver, another name that I adore.
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.

Favorite girl names: Alice, Anastasia, Athena, Aurora, Calliope, Cordelia, Daenerys, Daisy, Eleanor, Guinevere, Gwendolyn, Isadora, Jessamine, Mirabella, Ophelia, Persephone, Seraphina, Tatiana, Violet, Willow

Favorite boy names: Arthur, Atlas, Gideon, Henry, Isaac, James, Leopold/Leonidas, Oliver, River, Roman, Thaddeus, Solomon, Walter