Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sibset for Felix

Hi! I am due in March with our second child, we aren't finding out the sex. We have a son (Felix Arthur Edmund) that we were told was going to be a girl. When he was born we were going to name him the boys name we had chosen, but as soon as we really looked at him he was just a 'Felix' which is odd, because Felix wasn't on our name list at all.
    We are having a hard time finding names we both like that sound well with Felix. I am having a hard time classifying what type of name Felix is which is making it hard to find out what types of names we should look at for our second.
    The names I like are:
    Imogen
    Susan
    Lettice
    Philippa
    Jessamine

Percy
    Tobias
    Lazarus

My dh doesn't seem to be able to come up with names that he loves, he just knows what he doesn't like. Which ones seem to fit well with Felix? Do you have any to recommend?

How about:
    Cecily
    Felicity

Hugh
    Pierson/Piers
    Lucas
    Bennett
    Tobin

Of your choices I like Imogen or Philippa. Percy or Tobias. Felix feels very Victorian to me, so maybe you'll find some names from that era that you would like?

Felix & Imogen / Felix & Jessaine / Felix & Tobias are all perfect and definitely my favourites. They seem to fit with the fun and quirky style of Felix. Whereas, Susan seems too normal and Phillipa a little too old fashioned, the same for Percy too. Lazarus and Lettice seem too over the top!

Other ideas...
    Felix & Zane
    Felix & Orion
    Felix & Jasper
    Felix & Caspar
    Felix & Damon
    Felix & Edmund
    Felix & Chester
    Felix & Miles
    Felix & Brogan
    Felix & Marshall
    Felix & Nikolai
    Felix & Otto
    Felix & Sebastian
    Felix & Maxwell
    Felix & Julian
    Felix & Wyatt

Felix & Madeleine
    Felix & Willow
    Felix & Eden
    Felix & Annabel
    Felix & Scarlett
    Felix & Ruby
    Felix & Emmeline
    Felix & Juniper
    Felix & Juno
    Felix & Freya
    Felix & Darcy
    Felix & Lydia
    Felix & Blair
    Felix & Nelle
    Felix & Ottilie
    Felix & Romilly
    Felix & Waverly
    Future Little Prince
    Isaac - Solomon - Barnaby - Atticus - Ezekiel - Augustin - River - Jacoby - Castiel - Xavier

Future Little Princess
    Florentina - Matilda - Theodora - Evangeline - Beatrix - Olwen - Jovi - Seraphina - Maeve - Clementine

Quote Originally Posted by whitneyq View Post
    Hi! I am due in March with our second child, we aren't finding out the sex. We have a son (Felix Arthur Edmund) that we were told was going to be a girl. When he was born we were going to name him the boys name we had chosen, but as soon as we really looked at him he was just a 'Felix' which is odd, because Felix wasn't on our name list at all.
    We are having a hard time finding names we both like that sound well with Felix. I am having a hard time classifying what type of name Felix is which is making it hard to find out what types of names we should look at for our second.
    The names I like are:
    Imogen
    Susan
    Lettice
    Philippa
    Jessamine

Percy
    Tobias
    Lazarus

My dh doesn't seem to be able to come up with names that he loves, he just knows what he doesn't like. Which ones seem to fit well with Felix? Do you have any to recommend?
    Off your list, I find Imogen and Percy to be best with Felix, but I'm less sure on the boy name. Jessamine has potential, as does cousin Jessamy. Hm...

I know a sibling set of Hazel, Felix, and Ada (F and A are twins), and I think those are stellar. So, for you, I'd suggest names like Amabel, Blythe, Cora, Delilah, Emmeline, Georgia, Hattie, Ingrid, Jemima, Lucinda, Mathilda, Olive, Penelope, Ramona, Rosanna, Violet, and Willa for girls, or Alistair, Archer, Bertram, Benedict, Christoph(e), Everett, Graeme, Julian, Leon, Oscar, Quentin, Russell, Simon, Theodore, and Xavier for boys.

Lemon
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

Those are great names, but NMS. I do like the idea of looking into Victorian names! Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spunkiedoodle View Post
    How about:
    Of your choices I like Imogen or Philippa. Percy or Tobias. Felix feels very Victorian to me, so maybe you'll find some names from that era that you would like?